• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hi from Germany

ashtray

Skilled Investigator
Hi there,

I'm 31 years old, living in Germany near Mannheim/Heidelberg and I'm listening to the paracast since half a year I guess. The quality of the hosts and their guests (except for one or two) got me convinced to subscribe here. The whole topic (UFOs) got me interested a few years ago, of course with the Lazar story.

Here in Germany the whole topic does not get any attention from the media, since the most people are rather interested in things like Kate Middleton's baby or the German Oktoberfest.

In my point of view we are dealing with something more complex than ET, which we simply do not understand. I am convinced, that the phenomena is real. On the other hand I am pretty sceptic, when it comes to stories like for example the ones from John Lear.

The persons in this field I really admire are just a handful, like George Knapp, Richard Dolan, Stanton Friedman and of course Jacques Vallee.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to write me a message.

Greetings
ash

Hi there,

I'm 31 years old, living in Germany near Mannheim/Heidelberg and I'm listening to the paracast since half a year I guess. The quality of the hosts and their guests (except for one or two) got me convinced to subscribe here. The whole topic (UFOs) got me interested a few years ago, of course with the Lazar story.

Here in Germany the whole topic does not get any attention from the media, since the most people are rather interested in things like Kate Middleton's baby or the German Oktoberfest.

In my point of view we are dealing with something more complex than ET, which we simply do not understand. I am convinced, that the phenomena is real. On the other hand I am pretty sceptic, when it comes to stories like for example the ones from John Lear.

The persons in this field I really admire are just a handful, like George Knapp, Richard Dolan, Stanton Friedman and of course Jacques Vallee.

Greetings
ash

Welcome to the Paracast Forum. Your mention of Oktoberfest has got me thinking of a nice cold German beer! This weekend we will be going to see the movie Gravity. I hope it's as good as the reviews. Be careful about the Lazar story. If you like Friedman, who is actually a real nuclear scientist, then you might want to know that he seems to think Lazar doesn't really know what he's talking about. Personally I tend to agree with Friedman.

I've seen it already and liked it very much. The atmosphere of the movie is just amazing.

I've seen the interview with Friedman about Lazar. On the other hand we all know Knapp's
opinion about Lazar. All the witnesses who told him bits and pieces about Area 51, which
confirm the Lazar's story. I guess we have to wait until Knapp's "highly credible source"
passes on and Knapp gets the tape he made. Until then it's all speculation...

I've seen it already and liked it very much. The atmosphere of the movie is just amazing.
Did you see it in 3D or 2D? Which do you think would be best?
I've seen the interview with Friedman about Lazar. On the other hand we all know Knapp's
opinion about Lazar. All the witnesses who told him bits and pieces about Area 51, which
confirm the Lazar's story. I guess we have to wait until Knapp's "highly credible source"
passes on and Knapp gets the tape he made. Until then it's all speculation...
Tidbits from witnesses are one thing. Whether or not you believe a real physicist or a phony one is another. Check out Friedman's findings here: Stanton Friedman - Articles: The Bob Lazar Fraud

Well, I've watched it in 3D and was really really disappointed. I've not seen many
3D movies in the cinema nowadays, but in my opinion the technology is far from the
one which an IMAX cinema provided in the mid 90s. Another important thing is the
fact, that obviously the cinemas here in Germany are different ones from the ones
you are used to (in the US/Canada). A good friend of mine, who is from Oaklahoma
and now lives here since two years told me, that the German movie theatre cannot
compete with the ones in the states. So I can't really give you an advice. :)

Hi there,

Greetings
ash

Welcome to the Paracast forums, hold on to your hat as it can be a bumpy ride :D

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I read in your post that you live near to Heidelberg, which I believe is on the river Rhine.
(I visited the beautiful castle in 1992 and remember being told a "legend" about a foot print in stone.)

Do you know of any legends or stories about water spirits/mermaids from the Rhine? or any about giant fish? if you do please post them in this thread:
Water sprites, Seamaids and lakemaids. | The Paracast Community Forums

enjoy you time at the forums. best wishes.

Howdy! We already have a couple of regular German posters here - who concur with you about the media in Germany when it comes to UFOs.

Feel free to join in any discussion and absolutely post anything you think members might find interesting - not necessarily about the paranormal either.

Goggs

ash, Welcome ! We have various Oktoberfests here in and around German settlements in Texas. I doubt our beer is as good as yours. ;)

Yes--We are always interested in ufological and paranormal goings-on from various parts of the globe. As you probably already know, the "fix" is definitely in stateside and has been for a very long time.

Back