• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hey, I'm new

Dam

Paranormal Novice
Hi so yeah I just found this place on accident and thought it would be neat to join, I've recently started to become intetested in the paranormal and am very unsure if I believe it at all. But yeah hope I enjoy it here and it's nice to meet all of you.

Last edited:
Hi so yeah I just found this place on accident and tgought it would be neat to join, I've recently started to become intetested in the paranormal and am very unsure if I believe it at all. But yeah hope I enjoy it here and it's nice to meet all of you.
Welcome to the forum! The thing about the paranormal is that it's totally fine not to believe it all, and what we do here ( among other things of lesser importance ) is to try to separate the signal from the noise. So it's fine to be constructively skeptical and still believe there's something more to the phenomena than misperceptions and hoaxes. Is there any particular aspect of the paranormal or UFOs that interests you?

Welcome to the forum! The thing about the paranormal is that it's totally fine not to believe it all, and what we do here ( among other things of lesser importance ) is to try to separate the signal from the noise. So it's fine to be constructively skeptical and still believe there's something more to the phenomena than misperceptions and hoaxes. Is there any particular aspect of the paranormal or UFOs that interests you?

Thank you! Well I would say I am less interested in UFO's (though I do still find them fascinating) and more so into ghosts, other dimensions, and the afterlife. But it is nice to know it's fine to be sceptical here, I am an atheist who has only recently started to look into this stuff.

Thank you! Well I would say I am less interested in UFO's (though I do still find them fascinating) and more so into ghosts, other dimensions, and the afterlife. But it is nice to know it's fine to be sceptical here, I am an atheist who has only recently started to look into this stuff.
Cool. FWIW my position on ghosts, alternate dimensions, and afterlives is that they're impossible in the sense they're usually portrayed, but that the phenomena that has given rise to those interpretations is in some cases real and not attributable to anything mundane. Being a ufologist, my theory is that in the truly high-strange cases, a high-tech alien presence may be at work. But I'm still open to other possibilities ( besides, that is, throwing it all in the trash because we don't have sufficient scientifically valid material evidence ).

Last edited:
Yeah at the moment I'm unsure on them and their existence. But I do think if they were to be real, they would be beyond the perception and ability of our brains, but either way I'm nowhere near sold on the whole thing. But I'm curious, have you ever heard of the interdimensional hypothesis?

Last edited:
Yeah at the moment I'm unsure on them and their existence. But I do think if they were to be real, they would be beyond the perception and ability of our brains, but either way I'm nowhere near sold on the whole thing. But I'm curious, have you ever heard of the interdimensional hypothesis?
Yes I'm aware of the interdimensional hypothesis. It's also called the extradimensional hypothesis ( EDH instead of ETH ). Vallée was among the first ufologists I'm aware of to propose the idea. Personally I don't buy into it, at least not the way it's typically described ( as something coming down into our 3D spatial realm from a so-called "higher dimension". That model is logically flawed. The only logical way for there to be actual ( as opposed to abstract ) additional spatial dimensions is for other universes with their own set of dimensions to exist, in which case we'd be dealing with another set of the same 3D spatial coordinates rather than five, six, or seven spatial dimension within our own universe.

Back