• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hey Guys, I'm CarlBarker!

CarlBarker

Paranormal Novice
And no, CarlBarker is not my real name. Just one of my all-time favorite songs from my all-time favorite band, Dance Gavin Dance.

It's currently 5:45 AM in snowy Colorado so I decided to finally join the Paracast Forums. I remember I was browsing podcasts on my zune (can't believe I owned one of those) my senior year of high school (class of '09!) during lunch and I stumbled upon the Paracast. I've been a fan ever since.

I've been into the paranormal since the early age of 8. I would regularly visit my local library and check out books on various subjects. Ooohh, I remember reading this book on the Cynocephali and seeing this pic:

cynocephalos.jpg

I remember having nightmares of these dog-headed men but at the same time I grew a strange liking to these mythical beasts.

Well, that's all for now. It's so great to finally be here!

Welcome CarlBarker! Always good to see a new member introduce themselves. Don't be afraid to get stuck right in and join ANY thread you like, post vids and links you think other members might like (doesn't have to be paranormal either).

You'll find some fantastic people here and learn so, so much. Also, Gene and Chris are active participants and they do read threads and reply to people - there are no sacred cows here, we like to help each other and educate each other and also entertain.
To demonstrate the non-paranormal stuff, check out the 'official funny stuff' thread and the 'music' thread - 2 threads that just keep going and there is just so much good stuff there.

Also keep an eye out for when the show asks for questions for upcoming guests. If you post early enough, your questions are very likely to be used.

Goggs

And no, CarlBarker is not my real name. Just one of my all-time favorite songs from my all-time favorite band, Dance Gavin Dance.

It's currently 5:45 AM in snowy Colorado so I decided to finally join the Paracast Forums. I remember I was browsing podcasts on my zune (can't believe I owned one of those) my senior year of high school (class of '09!) during lunch and I stumbled upon the Paracast. I've been a fan ever since.

I've been into the paranormal since the early age of 8. I would regularly visit my local library and check out books on various subjects. Ooohh, I remember reading this book on the Cynocephali and seeing this pic:

cynocephalos.jpg

I remember having nightmares of these dog-headed men but at the same time I grew a strange liking to these mythical beasts.

Well, that's all for now. It's so great to finally be here!

Welcome, CarlBarker! You've found the "Gold standard of paranormal forums"! A very interesting place.

Luckily this forum has no trolls or people constantly fighting each other. One of the very few out there.

Welcome CarlBarker! Always good to see a new member introduce themselves. Don't be afraid to get stuck right in and join ANY thread you like, post vids and links you think other members might like (doesn't have to be paranormal either).

You'll find some fantastic people here and learn so, so much. Also, Gene and Chris are active participants and they do read threads and reply to people - there are no sacred cows here, we like to help each other and educate each other and also entertain.
To demonstrate the non-paranormal stuff, check out the 'official funny stuff' thread and the 'music' thread - 2 threads that just keep going and there is just so much good stuff there.

Also keep an eye out for when the show asks for questions for upcoming guests. If you post early enough, your questions are very likely to be used.

Goggs

This thread could be a sticky in the new forum member's section.:) I completely agree that Paracast Forums is my personal best/favorite all round forum on the net. There is a wealth of QUALITY membership here that represents what are many a conversation prone rabbit hole exam apart from what are the usual other type of holes once eloquently described as having filled the Albert Hall. ;) Listening to Tim Good right now. GREAT show!

Welcome to the forum side of The Paracast. It certainly is its own beast. I also listened for years before joining in on the discussion. I am constantly impress by the level of 'paranormal' and 'normal' knowledge (not that there's a difference), imagination, and wit. This forum provides ample education in any area you want to pursue...beware!

Didn't mean nothin' by it, just an excuse to post a funny bit I ran across recently. I love that movie. Anyway, I fixed my post. At least I think I did. Assuming Mercury isn't in retrograde or anything, I think it will be okay.

Last edited:
Back