• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Here Comes the Snyder Cut!

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Whether or not you liked the release version of "Justice League," fans got together, with a not a little help from original director Zack Snyder, to lobby for an original "Director's Cut" or "Snyder Cut" version.

Here's a full teaser trailer. But you'll have to be an HBO Max subscriber in the U.S. to see it when it is released next year.

Actually I don't know the final aspect radio; I've read some stuff. But remember it is for TV, not for the cinema, so it'll be different regardless.

What you are seeing is an early edited version of the unseen footage, and it won't be out for about a year or so.

I never liked that song much, but I guess it works OK here... to some extent. The desaturated color style I thought went out of fashion by 2013 or so. But I guess this is something old that's being given a rehashed cut? Gal Gadot is good looking... it has that guy from Terminator 2 in it, what's his name? Miles Dyson. I hate how you can just "Googel" everything now for quick and easy answers to prove you don't have a failing memory. I'd rather people know I can't remember diddly squat.
Some of the special effects blend in well in those shots in the trailer.
I don't like seeing Batman really strong. I prefer Michael Keaton Batman. That's more realistic. He shouldn't be a muscleman. Bane was supposed to be the muscleman. What does Bane have over Batman if Batman is also super buff? Besides, Batman doesn't have super powers. He just has like... special gadgets and stuff. He's rich.

Keaton's Batman is thought to be the best of all, but he was overshadowed in the first film by Jack Nicholson's over-the-top performance as Joker. It's only when you look at this and "Batman Returns" do you see what Keaton brought to the part. Nobody says, "I'm Batman," better than he did.

Keaton's Batman is thought to be the best of all, but he was overshadowed in the first film by Jack Nicholson's over-the-top performance as Joker. It's only when you look at this and "Batman Returns" do you see what Keaton brought to the part. Nobody says, "I'm Batman," better than he did.
Maybe so. The #1 to me was always Danny Elfman's music, then the sets, then the actors and story, I think, though I "read into" a lot of Keaton's character as a kid (was I 7 when I saw it the theater?) and at that age wasn't as interested in Nicholson. Actually I was more interested in Kim Basinger :)

Back