• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Has anyone seen Uncovering Aliens?

trainedobserver

Paranormally Disenchanted
This new "reality show" has the girl from OpenMinds Maureen Elsberry, Mike Bara (Hoagland protege), Derril Sims (The alien hunter), and Steven Jones (author and experiencer).

The big joke is Mike Bara is one of the "skeptics." Bara gets billed as an aeronautical engineer! What a hoot! He is no more an aeronautical engineer than I am a little Dutch girl in a pleated dress.

Derril and Steven are unintentionally hysterical, especially when Derril explains the use of the "Gieger counter!"
Poor Ms. Elsberrry. That is all I can say.

This episode features Wilber Allen.

I couldn't take 5 mins of this show. With the supposed contactee going to one extream and the skeptic another- They had a pilot of a small plane who witnessed an orb and was quite taken. The problem is, he described a china lantern down to the tee- and none of the investigators mentioned this possibility.

I know I should hate it, but I don't. Yeah, it's pretty stupid, but it amuses me, and at this point entertainment is all I expect from the UFO phenomenon.

The "contactee" on this program is a mirrior reflection to Chip Coffee, psychic, who appeared on many paranormal shows. They are either related, or graduated from the same paranormal university.

Shame in that I find Maureen is always very level-headed in open minds tv. She certainly does not call 'UFO' all the time.

Steve Jones lets down the UK by stating, 'That is a spaceship.' Groan.

Last edited:
Okay, I must say this show is fantastic. I just watched episode 4, Alien Invasion. Derrel Sims just told these two girls how to repel aliens. According to Derrel, you just think funny thoughts over and over in your head and it short circuits them. As far as I know, this is groundbreaking stuff. And it explains why I've never had an alien experience. Stupid ADHD.

haaaaaaaaaa. they're like a shit ufo A Team. THIS IS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE EVER. This should be called "Chasing Tails."its like a series of BS assumptions strung together by hyperactive ass clowns.

Last edited:
Bara Clown - so on a percentage basis , whats your certainty that this is an authentic document, 80%, 70%, 90%?
Dr Wood Clown - (subdued smug frenzy-um thinks no ones asked me this before as a percentage ..) The auth-thent-icty probability of this document (lets see..makes up number..) is 99.5 %
A Team clowns - WOw
beleiber 'pork pie hat' wearing dude - wow thats it. thats the smoking gun.

I started watching this episode about Myrtle Beach and Ohio since the Myrtle Beach sighting actually looked like something I had seen at the beach in North Carolina...I thought Science Channel might have something useful to say on the topic, but apparently this channel is about "science" the way History Channel is about "history." What a load of crap!

The "Science Channel" has proven itself not to be very scientific. I just realized, reading this thread, that Sims is on this show. Nice to put a face to a recent paracast guest.

The show is bad!! The field of the UFO/paranormal has hard enough time gaining acceptance as a vaild field, add these characters, forget it, game over. The damage done by programs like Chasing UFO, to a lesser extent UFO hunters, and now this.

It is a slippery slope when channels like SCI channel presents this as science or gives it any creditably.

they are great channels if you own a chunk of them, thru a front company, and can influence programming, how successful was the CIA front national geographic.
getting them access to places they otherwise wouldnt have been able too set foot on, your missing the big picture, these programs are subtly doing what they are made for, same as the history channel subtly feeding you revisionist history.
they are supposed to make a mockery of ufology under the guise of serious investigation.
its no different than filling ufology full of ex service's/government men telling extraodinary stories for the last 20yrs as the net has grown, flooding the net with fake vids and photo's, thru their useful idiots.

filling the debunker ranks with ex service's/government men to debunk their tall tales, and recruit useful idiots to regurgitate their debunks,.
to use paracast terminology, crank the noise up to deafening, so the signal gets drowned out, think about the percentages, just take a look at how many of the proponents are ex gov, compared to ordinary joes, im talking about the top boys here, both debunker and ufo buffs, scientists to private ryan, all the ones who worked directly or by grant for the US government, take them all out of the equasion, and what do you have left ?.

they must number 80% of the whole game, take them away from anything to do with ufology, any case, any connected witness, any connected, debator/author, what's left ?.

united states connected involvement only i mean, altho the message is meant for the world, 'nothing to see here, just loon's'.

a 60 year poisoning of the ufology well, has taken place, anyone old enough and interested enough, has witnessed the subtle destuction of the subject, how it must irk them that, the interest just wont die.

edit
what it has achieved ofcourse is to drive interest under-ground, ufology isnt something you list as an interest on a resume, or a subject brought up around a middle-class dinner table, whereas in the second example, it very much used too.

Last edited:
In time Ufology will be accepted as a valid field of research by the mainstream. It is based on a real phenomena, not fantasy. Just a field that is difficult to replicate to fulfil science's reproducibility requirement. The push to ridicule this field in the main stream public forums will end. More and more people are opening their minds to celestial possibilities. Vatican wants now to baptise ET's to bring them under God's eye, that is a big move for acceptance. The older generation of Catholics won't adapt to this but the next generations will. Time will fix this problem. If the main religions accept these ET's as possible converts (how ridiculous is that, I know) then the masses have a chance to see it our way. It seems bleak at times with the quality and quantity of crap that makes the whole field look bad, but all is not lost. You can not deny the inevitable.

There is one program I've been watching on I believe it's the SCI channel. I think it's called the Unexplained files, maybe? A recent episode covered the Cash Landrum event, as well as an incident in '08 where law enforcement received a call of a "flying house" in which a craft was spotted and pursued by a number of police cars through multiple counties. Decent interviews by the officers themselves and leaving out any mention of "Aliens" or contactee claims and such.

Back