• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guitar Hero said to inspire real musicians

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature...-thanks-to-guitar-hero-research-shows/1270840

Wouldn't you need to take a poll in how many kids feel no need to play an actual instrument due to GH too though? Or is that taken care in the survey too I wonder.

Like any video game, once the novelty wears off it will be on ebay.

The same can also be said for musical instruments. I think back to everything I tried before deciding I looked pretty freakin cool with a flying V hanging low near my knees ( props to Johnny Ramone). I tried to play the violin, and cello. Man I sucked. I started playing drums as a kid and I was pretty good. I even had a Animal from the muppet show kit when I was like 11. But I had 3 ruptured ear drums as a kid and had to quit. I lived in Lake Havasu AZ and I was always swimming in the lake and in our swimming pool.

If the findings in that survey are accurate, then to me at least I think it's a good thing.

Though I would agree with Mothra that quite a large proportion of all that stuff will end up on ebay. Whatever it is that inspires anyone to pick up a musical instrument can only be a good thing in my book.
Again if sales are up, then how much influence do you think games are having on peoples behaviour generally?

Mark

Real musicians don't need video games.

Joe Satriani doesn't play Guitar Hero, he is a guitar hero.

What the hell is this thread doing on the Paracast forums, anyway?

I guess it must be absolutely unbelievable that any musician would even bother picking up a game controller shaped like the tool he uses to make a living.

If you need me, I'll be playing, "Chasing the Dragon".:p

I guess it must be absolutely unbelievable that any musician would even bother picking up a game controller shaped like the tool he uses to make a living.

1. There was discussion about it in another thread.

2. It's in general free wheeling chat forum. "There are many things that fall within the field of the paranormal, and this is your place to discuss the issues that interest you. What's more, it doesn't have to be related to the paranormal. Most any subject is fair game."

I'm a musician and video game addict. I don't play GH though.

WTF! Sorry I am a Guitar hero hater! Wanna be a hero learn how to play a real F☼►king guitar, something that take actual practice and talent.

My frustration perhaps comes from being an actual guitarist, who son plays that P.O.S. game at friends house instead of practicing on his real guitar. Not a big deal,, I just felt like being a dick. My son Nick is very smart and to this point realizes that he needs to actual work at guitar. I think he's just being an 11 year old stud show off to the babes that own the game.

~A♪

1. There was discussion about it in another thread.

2. It's in general free wheeling chat forum. "There are many things that fall within the field of the paranormal, and this is your place to discuss the issues that interest you. What's more, it doesn't have to be related to the paranormal. Most any subject is fair game."

I'm a musician and video game addict. I don't play GH though.

The Paracast Community Forums - View Single Post - Man Dies After Wal-Mart Stampede

Thanks for the link Aaron. More proof that the typical response to these games is flawed.

Actually real guitar players do play Guitar hero. Have of them can't even play their own songs in the game.

Back