• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Suggestion: Whitley Strieber

A

ArizonaWill

David & Gene,

You guys are pals with The Clueless One, and he is a pal (at some level) with Whitley Strieber. So use your networking skills and get Whitley on the show. Why? Well, the guy always has a new sales angle. Since his recent promotion of DRONES has really failed to drum up a lot of excitement, now we learn that he is authoring an illustrated book (glorified comic?) about human mutilations.

What could be more fascinating for a Paracast interview, under your intelligent questioning, than this?

I discovered that Whitley was interviewed by George Noory on this project last night. I have access to the MP3 files, but sort of dread to listen, since the interviewer is....ah....(how to be kind?)....ah...sort of an idiot. He just seems to go down a list of pre-prepared questions, and doesn't just dialogue with the guest, as you both do. Your interviews are on another level of maturity and intelligence.

After experiencing the Paracast archives, it is really hard to "go back" to listen to a C2C UFO related interview without great despair or frustration at the interviewer. That's why you guys have created such a special service (I am not kissing up, since I have no alterior motive - just expressing my view).

I'd sure love Whitley to be interviewed by someone WITHOUT a "Gee Willikers, that's cool! Sounds like demonic doings, eh, Whitley?" attitude. Perhaps Whitley would not countenance that, being the Patriarch of tabloid talk radio in the alien/ufo venue.

Yet such an interview would be a real plum for you guys. Whitley is a bright man, and he seems to have a talent for creating new monetary projects that tend to suck off of the teat of the latest paranormal fads (e.g., 2012 hysteria, DRONES, Knights Templars as holders of ancient wisdom, etc.) I think the guy is a bit touchy (most Patriarchs are). But it would be a fascinating "encounter" of the Paracast Kind! :D

Note: Perhaps Jeremy could referee. He could use a little whistle to call time-outs.

Now I think I will gird my loins, take a deep breath, and attempt to listen to the C2C interview of Whitley and Captain Kangaroo.

Blimey ... when I saw the subject of this thread, I thought, "noooooo".

And then I was pleasantly surprised with the content. Yes I think Whitley Streiber (pronounced "Streeber" or "Streyeber"?? who knows :p) would make a great guest to be eviscerated on air by Gene and David. Although, I think that Streiber is too bright to go onto a program like The Paracast to be taken to pieces like that.

Thats probably why he has his Dreamland programme ... so he can control who comes on to be interviewed, and the content of said programme.

Oh and before I go ... when in dickens name did Whitley Streiber look like Christopher Walken anyways :p

It would be interesting, but I doubt he would do it. If I were him, I wouldn't do it, because it would be no fun to face to be put on the spot like that.

I can't imagine Streiber exposing himself to the probing questions of Gene and David. I suspect his stories wouldn't pass muster under their interrogation, and he probably fears it, too.

Siani said:
I can't imagine Streiber exposing himself to the probing questions of Gene and David. I suspect his stories wouldn't pass muster under their interrogation, and he probably fears it, too.

We actually got a letter from Strieber about a possible interview, but then we never had a successful follow-up. But we're still interested.

Gene Steinberg said:
We actually got a letter from Strieber about a possible interview, but then we never had a successful follow-up. But we're still interested.

Thanks for the reply, Gene. Sorry to hear you didn't get a successful follow-up on that. I hope you can get him on at some time.

I tend to be a bit harsh and cynical about Strieber, I must admit, and would love to hear if his stories hold up under intense scrutiny. I can never decide if he's a total fantasist/hoaxer, or if there's some truth and/or sincerity to what he says. I find it hard to accept everything he says as gospel, but am uncertain whether that's because he's patently not telling the truth, or because I don't want him to be telling the truth.

Third option: It's the truth as he percieves it. He wouldn't be the first writer who lives in a well-developed psychosis. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's possible. His stories wouldn't hold up, but he would be totally convinced.

Scott Story said:
Third option: It's the truth as he percieves it. He wouldn't be the first writer who lives in a well-developed psychosis. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's possible. His stories wouldn't hold up, but he would be totally convinced.

Are you saying Ol' Whitney's ... sorry ... Whitley's ... a looney???? :D

Actually to me it seems like he's building his own mythology with every book he writes. And in a way its becoming something rather like William Burroughs idea of language being a virus.

He's making up stories and those stories are affecting people. i.e. story-telling has become a virus. Its being passed from one gullible person to another (gullible people are particularly susceptible to this particular virus).

All we need is a cure, and that would (possibly ... lets hope) come in shape of a drone. I'm sure that if some one could prove that the chad drones are fake (and we all know they are, proving it though is another thing), his disease would spread to less and less people and in the end, die out completely.

But whether he really does believe what he's creating is beyond me to tell you the truth. I'd like to like Streiber, but whatever he says is so unconvincing, I just can't bring myself to do it.

David Biedny said:
Wel, we'd love to have Streiber on, but apparently, he passed away this last weekend.

Oh, well.

Oh well, there goes the concession on zombie books, and evp books, and ghost books ... and ... :p

David Biedny said:
Wel, we'd love to have Streiber on, but apparently, he passed away this last weekend.

Oh, well.

He's probably just gone underground to investigate Hollow Earth theories for an upcoming book "Returning To My Roots" (one man's true saga of being abducted by tree fairies and being forced to live under the massive roots of a California Redwood).

Gene Steinberg said:
Siani said:

The answer to this might be that he has recently moved to Cali from New Mexico and now is actively involved in filming the movie version of his last 2 books. He's barely hosting his own Dreamland show anymore.

There shall be a movie version of The Grays? That could be neat. There's not much info on imdb.com about it. Apparently, Ken Nolan is writing the "treatment."

Perhaps John Travolta can play one of the bad guys flying around in the black triangle, setting up radio transponders on top of church steeples, and perhaps they will add a CG scene of a face off between he and the little Gray alien.

valiens said:
Gene Steinberg said:
Siani said:

The answer to this might be that he has recently moved to Cali from New Mexico and now is actively involved in filming the movie version of his last 2 books. He's barely hosting his own Dreamland show anymore.

I thought his home base was San Antonio, Texas. Never heard he was in New Mexico. Does he want to be close to Richard Hoagland or Zeph Daniels?

Chuckleberryfinn said:
There shall be a movie version of The Grays? That could be neat. There's not much info on imdb.com about it. Apparently, Ken Nolan is writing the "treatment."

Perhaps John Travolta can play one of the bad guys flying around in the black triangle, setting up radio transponders on top of church steeples, and perhaps they will add a CG scene of a face off between he and the little Gray alien.

I'll wait until it's free on cable TV. I thought the book was dull and unimaginative (I kept thinking of the Sci-Fi channel mini-series TAKEN as I read it, but then Whitley can be perceived as someone who judiciously "borrows" his experiences and fiction from others and what seems to be selling in the paranormal marketplace. He hasn't really been original since the 80's).

Fastwalker said:
valiens said:
Gene Steinberg said:
Siani said:

I thought his home base was San Antonio, Texas. Never heard he was in New Mexico. Does he want to be close to Richard Hoagland or Zeph Daniels?

It was there too. Maybe he has two homes? I dunno. But I know he's been living in Cali working on the flicks. and was living in New Mexico.

Back