• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Greg Bishop back to DMR!

I can see why don likes him, they're both pretty uncompromising when it comes to critiquing some of the fields more flighty characters.

Greg Bishop's laconic, critical, curious voice is the one I find to be the most appealing and humble in all of Ufology. He never makes claims to know what's really going on, is willing to entertain all the ultra-weird aspects of the phenomenon and has a sensible, pragmatic and humorous approach to the subject. Everytime I hear his casual conversational style on his show I hear my good friend, Bill, doubtful, but eager for more conversation.

Yes! My favourite guest! Can't wait to listen to the show!
Greg is the real deal. He's a super smart, informed researcher who doesn't stoop toward tawdry self-aggrandizement. He quietly digs into the mystery w/ no lust for result while maintaining a refreshing sense of irony and spot-on humor. I urge everyone here at the Paracast Forum to pick up his "Wake Up Down There" — an anthology of articles published in his '90s magazine The Excluded Middle. I was a fan of TEM for years and finally met Greg 10 years ago. We've become fast friends. IMO he (along w/ Nick, Micah and a few others) are among the real cutting-edge thinkers shining through the dross of ufology and Fortean research. If I had to pick my favorite radio programs to appear as a guest—Greg's Radio Mysteriouso and Don's DM are my favs..

I'm honored that Greg will be writing the forward to Stalking the Herd: Unraveling the Cattle Mutilation Mystery— to-be published this Fall.

Greg Bishop's laconic, critical, curious voice is the one I find to be the most appealing and humble in all of Ufology. He never makes claims to know what's really going on, is willing to entertain all the ultra-weird aspects of the phenomenon and has a sensible, pragmatic and humorous approach to the subject. Everytime I hear his casual conversational style on his show I hear my good friend, Bill, doubtful, but eager for more conversation.

Yeah, I agree with all of this.

The more time I've spent interested in the esoteric, the more his approach- an appreciation for outliers and the absurd, an open minded-skepticism, and an eye for the "excluded middle"- resonates with me.

Yeah, I agree with all of this.

The more time I've spent interested in the esoteric, the more his approach- an appreciation for outliers and the absurd, an open minded-skepticism, and an eye for the "excluded middle"- resonates with me.

I share in the resonance (minus any suggestions of crystals vibrating). But i wonder why he's not listened to more often...? Is the conversation too casual, too relaxed and not focussed enough on the main course with too many appetizer tidbits? Certainly his lack of consistency makes it hard to establish a solid fan base. But then he himself is the definitive outsider ufologist who knows not to take himself, or the subject matter, too seriously. He is an iconoclast in his own way and brings an authentic voice to a very muddled field. He also strikes me as being more of an observer and ethnographer than attempting to make "I know" statements.

Back