• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Grave Yard Symbolism

idontunderstand

Skilled Investigator
Hi folks,

Ive made a video of a symbol I noticed on a grave stone, in our local cemetery. Its struck my attention as it seemed so unusual.

Ive looked in most references I can find, and can not find the same symbol anywhere. Ive put my theory's in the video.

idontunderstand said:
Hi folks,

Ive made a video of a symbol I noticed on a grave stone, in our local cemetery. Its struck my attention as it seemed so unusual.

Is there a link to this video? I notice now that I'm responding that there appears to be a video embedded in the original message but it takes way to long to load (or maybe it's broken).

Either way I've waited and responded to this post now and there's still no video to be seen.

-DBTrek

What the???

Now I see the video! What could have happened before?

Hmmmm.

Maybe the video was abducted by UFO's, and has now returned.

:p

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
What the???

Now I see the video! What could have happened before?

Hmmmm.

Maybe the video was abducted by UFO's, and has now returned.

:p

-DBTrek

Last time someone attached a vid in this manner it cut off everything on the page (on my screen at least). Things get borked when someone attaches a video image clicky. Especially if you are a blaspheming non Mac user like me. Although the gods are being generous this time around. I only had a long load time.

I did a brief google search but was unable to find anything identitcal to it. I found some similar symbols though:

bc015.jpg

Circle and Triangle on a Serenity Prayer Book.

aamedal12.JPG

Keeping in that theme, an Alcoholics Anonymous symbol.

wadenhill58.jpg

Crop Circle?

1301.jpg

Another AA symbol . .. this one's pretty close!

Given what my brief search provided I would lean toward thinking it's a variation of the Alcoholics Anonymous symbol. Not claiming scientific proof mind you, just speculation.

-DBTrek

Given what my brief search provided I would lean toward thinking it's a variation of the Alcoholics Anonymous symbol. Not claiming scientific proof mind you, just speculation.

-DBTrek

Thanks for the research DB,

I'm not sure the man would want an AA symbol on his grave stone, but who knows?

The only problem is the AA ones are not the same as the grave stone symbol, certain stylistic elements are - but the one on the grave seems quite specific in its design. I dont think its an AA symbol. Ill keep looking.

But thanks for looking for me, I appreciate it ! ;)

Perhaps it's not a real headstone but a disguised stargate - someone 'in the know', places their 'key' over it and hey presto, a door to the stars....

...or perhaps it's the entrance to an underground city...

...or perhaps the stone mason was practising with his new cutters. :)

For what it's worth -

The triangle and the sphere are two of the most efficient shapes in geometry, they provide almost perfect structural integrity, excellent sheer force resistance, and are the basis of the Bucky Fuller Geodesic form.

That same essential figure - a triangle nested inside of a circle - also happens to be a tattoo on my right upper pec, covered by a sword. NOTHING to do with AA (I'm not much of an alcohol drinker, never have been), these shapes have been in the back of my mind my entire life, and represent strength to me. I got that ink to symbolize having gotten through some intense health problems I was having at the time.

Interesting stuff...

dB

Cheers Dave,

Funnily enough that bucky ball thing, did cross my mind. Im going to keep looking and try to get to the bottom of this symbol, I hate not knowing what it means.

Cheers!

idontunderstand said:
If its a stargate rick, you and all the folks here are invited ok ;)

It was the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw the symbol - just making a little humour (but not ridiculing anyone)...:)

Back