• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

graduating with a degree that i never liked to begin with?

Alex Smith

Paranormal Novice
I just recently graduated with 2 different degrees that I was never sure with to begin with. I'm lost and feel a little bit depressed. Is this normal?

I feel u bro, I wanted to become a doctor but couldn't because It's expensive. I was forced to become a Graphic designer instead.

Something that I learned is that your degree is not you, and you are not your degree. Your degree will influence your professional and career route through life, which is fine. What's most important however is what knowledge you seek *after*. I'm impressed with those Victorian and Edwardian era gentlemen scholars, some of whom had no formal degree to start with or degrees in some career path (Law or Medicine) but who turned their intellectual powers toward other strange branches of knowledge that fascinated them.

Someone once told me that the poet T.S. Eliot was an accountant in his day job.. I haven't bothered looking that factoid up yet, though, to see if it's true.

I just recently graduated with 2 different degrees that I was never sure with to begin with. I'm lost and feel a little bit depressed. Is this normal?
Find a different career. Be glad you have degrees and go out and find something. It doesnt have to be related to your degree. Many many employers just like candidates with degrees. Its not a big deal.

Back