• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Google's fender benders

Wade

FeralNormal master
Google's self-driving cars have been getting in accidents in California - Business Insider

In these cases the autonomous cars were not at fault according to the manufacturers (of course)

It does get me to thinking though how this could all play out in the future, what if two autonomous cars get in an accident an neither car is "at fault" will google and delphi, or whoever makes them, appear in court? Can you imagine if you get into an accident that involves a Google car and you are going up against the big G? Will we get to a place in our society that any accident involves a human vs. a robot car the human driven car will have a larger hurdle to clear in terms of pleading innocence because humans are more prone to mistakes than a robot?

I'm just glad Apple hasn't started making these cars because then everyone would want one...but they'd look pretty cool.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Who is at fault when an accident occurs? Also, I would hate to be behind these autonomous cars going exactly the speed limit. I have a heavy foot.

Apple would charge $10,000 for a 1 hubcap in their vehicles. So common folks wouldn't be able to afford one to begin with.

Yeah - Apple stuff is way overpriced... or is it priced fairly for the quality of the product and service you get along with it. I'l gladly spend the extra money on an iPhone than all the savings I would have getting a top of the line Android phone... oh wait, I would save nothing because they cost the same.

This Apple is overpriced argument needs to stop - it's dumb. You get what you pay for.

Yeah - Apple stuff is way overpriced... or is it priced fairly for the quality of the product and service you get along with it. I'l gladly spend the extra money on an iPhone than all the savings I would have getting a top of the line Android phone... oh wait, I would save nothing because they cost the same.

This Apple is overpriced argument needs to stop - it's dumb. You get what you pay for.

When the car comes out and you see the price, I'm gonna smother it in your face. It's going to be comparable to a Tesla which is not a cheap car.

When the car comes out and you see the price, I'm gonna smother it in your face. It's going to be comparable to a Tesla which is not a cheap car.

You're talking about a product that has never even been announced. You're making it sound like all their stuff is over-priced... also "smother it in my face?" Aggressive much?

You're talking about a product that has never even been announced. You're making it sound like all their stuff is over-priced... also "smother it in my face?" Aggressive much?

Fair point. I should say rumor has it that it will be at a Telsa's price range. A few articles have pointed this out already. It's still years off.

Sorry about the aggressive wording, but I feel strong about my convictions. They are based on good sources. 9 times out of 10 I'm right about these things. I also tend to exaggerate in terms of Apple pricing and their products, but yes, I do feel they swindle people in terms of what you are getting - absolutely.

Fair point. I should say rumor has it that it will be at a Telsa's price range. A few articles have pointed this out already. It's still years off.

Sorry about the aggressive wording, but I feel strong about my convictions. They are based on good sources. 9 times out of 10 I'm right about these things. I also tend to exaggerate in terms of Apple pricing and their products, but yes, I do feel they swindle people in terms of what you are getting - absolutely.

No worries - it's okay to be wrong about something. It's best to just accept it. :)

Back