• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

*** Ghostly London Bus ***

• Thread starter PHANTOM-OF-THE-RHUR
  • Start date

P

PHANTOM-OF-THE-RHUR

Hello all... wondering if anyone can shed light on the tale of a ghostly London Bus- a routemaster, said to be seen on particularly cold and windy nights, still retracing its lonely route through the heart of London's East End.

What is notable, is that this bus is said to suddenly 'vanish' as it passes through what is now the front of a house, but what would have been the original roadway, prior to modern redevelopment.

The bus in question, is said to be 'blacked-out,' and as such, believed to have seen service possibly during the War years- possibly a victim of the London Blitz?

This 'Ghost Bus', first seen in the late 1940's, a sighting was last reported to a London Constabulary during the 1980's... and interestingly, it is seldom seen by more than but an odd individual- quite something given the population in London.

Any remarks or related additional information would be most welcome, especially from Londoners who know of this story.

Regards, P-O-T-R

*** N.B., Updated March 1st.. read: --- Ghost Routemaster Bus ---

Regards, P-O-T-R

Hi... I read this account with some interest, as I have lived in London.
I myself have not seen any such bus, however I did read of such an account when I was about nine or ten.. in the local press.

I believe such a bus was sighted in Hammersmith... though I am not too sure as to a precise location, and its passing was accompanied by a sudden and almighty 'rush' of air. There were many such cases of both physical and motorized phantom phenonema being reported, especially by those who saw service during the War, and by those living in London and its surrounds, in the period after the War, from around the late 40's up until the mid-70's / early 1980's, when such accounts seem to diminish. Is it possible that the diminshing of sightings could in any way be linked to the passing on death, of those who would have best reason to see such a sight?

x

Interestingly I did read of such an account many years ago- in a boys magazine.. warlord, or something like that, and I like the nice theory that it may more greatly effect those of the era concerned??.. though the area in question if I remember was in North London, but not certain that it was Hammersmith- rings no bells.

Thus said, old locals claim to have heard whispers of such a tale.... but no other info on it at this time.

regards, s/o

PHANTOM-OF-THE-RHUR said:
Hello all... wondering if anyone can shed light on the tale of a ghostly London Bus- a routemaster, said to be seen on particularly cold and windy nights, still retracing its lonely route through the heart of London's East End.

What is notable, is that this bus is said to suddenly 'vanish' as it passes through what is now the front of a house, but what would have been the original roadway, prior to modern redevelopment.

The bus in question, is said to be 'blacked-out,' and as such, believed to have seen service possibly during the War years- possibly a victim of the London Blitz?

This 'Ghost Bus', first seen in the late 1940's, a sighting was last reported to a London Constabulary during the 1980's... and interestingly, it is seldom seen by more than but an odd individual- quite something given the population in London.

Any remarks or related additional information would be most welcome, especially from Londoners who know of this story.

Regards, P-O-T-R

*** N.B., Updated March 1st.. read: --- Ghost Routemaster Bus ---

Regards, P-O-T-R
not sure how metal,glass and rubber can be a ghost as it dont have a "soul" lol but loved the story and my guess is its just another urban legend made up for a good story to tell the kids!

Not at all more likely extra dimenisonal travel, where time zones have got mixed up some how, would be a more likely explanation.

I happen to have resided in Hampton, S.W. London, and have been told of a similar vehicular siting of a 1940's fire-engine, passing by the old London Metropolitan Waterworks at night, only to disappear into thin air. What is very interesting is that there is apparantly no engine tones whatsoever- only a rush of air...? Can anyone confirm or add to this?

Regards,

LL x

... I hear that a phantom ambulance of London Blitz era, was last reportedly sighted in Sunbury, in the late 50's- though oddly it made no apparant noise and was seen to vanished through a wall. Interestingly, the wall in question was damaged during a raid. Can anyone add?

Regards,

LL x

If he was an animal, he could be Hairy Otter.

If it were me naked in the Equus poster, it would be something like Fat Horse Sings The Blues.

Tommy Allison said:
If he was an animal, he could be Hairy Otter.

If it were me naked in the Equus poster, it would be something like Fat Horse Sings The Blues.

hehe...just....wrong...and I'm totally using the "Harry Otter" line next time I go to the zoo...I won't be able to stop myself

Back