• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ghost Rockets? Let's ask a Swedish researcher for another perspective!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Tomorrow morning we will be taping a show w/ Clas Svahn, board member w/ the Archive for UFO Research (AFU) in Sweden. An introduction to his work can be found at: http://www.ghostrockets.se

Gene and I have covered the 1945-1949 "ghost rocket" mystery w/ Nick Redfern, Micah Hanks and "The Rosetta Deception" author James Carrion, but this week we'll speak w/ a local Swedish researcher who has spent years investigating this little-known wave of hundreds of anomalous aerial objects seen over Scandinavia in the years surrounding the end of WWII. Please post your QUESTIONS here. We will be taping tomorrow, Monday morning at 8 AM, Pacific/Arizona Time

Could be a silly question to ask Chris but since these are the years between 1945 and 1949 could this just be the Soviets testing acquired V2 rockets during this time period?
I don't personally know that much about the Swedish Ghost Rockets.

Looking forward to this episode. I assume you'll cover the James Carrion interpretation of these events.

I've often wondered to what degree the Cold War influenced the modern UFO phenomenon: one could argue both started in 1947; paranoia, disinformation, secret technology were features they seemed to share. Now that we see a resurgent and arguably expansionist Russia, has there also been an increase in UFO activity in Sweden?

Are there any noticeable differences between UFO events in Sweden and those reported in Anglophone countries?

How transparent is Swedish officialdom on these matters? How willing are they to release relevant documents and information?

Q. Is there anything that stands out in the available records that strongly point to the ghost rockets not being conventional rockets at all? Is there anything that points to a more high strange origin?

Q. Is the subject of the ghost rockets something that the wider Swedish population knows about or is it confined to those already into Ufology?

Ditto on Ravensfee's comment on discussing James Carrion's theory.

Any wreckage ever recovered?

I seem to remember that debunker Robert Sheaffer postulated that Ghost Rocket sightings were actually misidentified contrails of high-flying aircraft which, prior to that time, had not flown over Scandinavia at those altitudes. Thoughts about that?

The show is recorded. Just FYI: This is one of our best shows — ever. Clas is a savvy UFO investigator without preconceived notions to push. There are no Cosmic Watergates or hybrid aliens. Just solid information about incredible events. What a change, and you'll all enjoy this episode.

The show is recorded. Just FYI: This is one of our best shows — ever. Clas is a savvy UFO investigator without preconceived notions to push. There are no Cosmic Watergates or hybrid aliens. Just solid information about incredible events. What a change, and you'll all enjoy this episode.

Wow! That's quite a statement Gene , looking forward to this one! :)

Back