• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gettysburg "Ghost" video.

A.LeClair said:
This is said to be a better version of the vid, however I was unable to view it due to a problem I have with my program Ares trying to play it.

Gettysburg ghosts on video!

it's still a cool vid clip. What i can't figure out is if they're imprints, and replaying the same scene over and over, or if there are multiple spirits...i think there are at least two...one on each side (that's assuming, of course, that they're not humans walking around in there, but I don't think they are).

Raevenskye said:
it's still a cool vid clip. What i can't figure out is if they're imprints, and replaying the same scene over and over, or if there are multiple spirits...i think there are at least two...one on each side (that's assuming, of course, that they're not humans walking around in there, but I don't think they are).

No way of knowing for sure unfortunately.

A.LeClair said:
No way of knowing for sure unfortunately.

very true...my initial reaction was the these were imprints...they seemed to be replaying action...then i thought...maybe they're a line of soldiers marching one after the other...I wonder what would've happened if the people filming had approached them....

Raevenskye said:
very true...my initial reaction was the these were imprints...they seemed to be replaying action...then i thought...maybe they're a line of soldiers marching one after the other...I wonder what would've happened if the people filming had approached them....

Yeah, I was thinking I would have tried to get closer. But then again, I wouldn't want to scare the ghosts.

A.LeClair said:
Yeah, I was thinking I would have tried to get closer. But then again, I wouldn't want to scare the ghosts.

I've read stories of some Gettysburg ghosts interacting with the living, but I didn't have any experiences like that.

Well, I think the little boy explains it all (inadvertently)

"There ain't nobody done there no more"

That sounds like they knew there had been people down in that area earlier. I think there still were...you even see a spot of light like a flashlight ( I don't think it was a firefly that bright!)

butters said:
To me , and i've seen ton's , thats the best ghost video i've ever seen ..
Looked at it alot and thats not a fake .

I tend to agree with you, I don't think anyone faked that video. But I am not convinced it is paranormal.

I know that spot, and we've been to Gettysburg countless times. My buddy used to be a Confederate re-enactor. If those are people, then theyre walking a good 6-7 feet off the ground. Past the ground you can see, there is a significant dropoff down into the woods. With the distance the "soldiers" appear to be, they'd be walking in the air. I dont believe thats any normal people.

jritzmann said:
I know that spot, and we've been to Gettysburg countless times. My buddy used to be a Confederate re-enactor. If those are people, then theyre walking a good 6-7 feet off the ground. Past the ground you can see, there is a significant dropoff down into the woods. With the distance the "soldiers" appear to be, they'd be walking in the air. I dont believe thats any normal people.

that's what it looked like to me, too....like they were walking on air

I listen to the recent show and heard David mention this vid, and how he'll try and find it for Linda, so I thought I'd give it a bump. I'd send it to David directly, but I'm not sure if he reads his PMs much. I've sent several to him over my time here (since last summer I think) and he only replied to one.

Spectacular video! Finally got around to seeing it--thank you. It looks all too real, and as J Ritzmann says, they're too high up to be re-enactors. So my question is, Do you think, as most paranormal investigators do, that this is a residual haunting, something that's not actually happening, but is more or less a video loop from history, imprinted into the atmosphere?

Or are they active spirits still fighting the Civil War?

I understand why so many investigators go for this "residual" explanation--like the famous talking walls in Wales--but this scene in Gettysburg was easily picked up on a video without any extra electromagnetic charges or interference. Which do you think it is, Residual or Live?
--scott

Back