• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Gary Heseltine

wwkirk

Paranormal Adept
Good episode. Gary came off as a solid researcher. I was also impressed with his appraisal of the Citizen Hearing.

My only criticism is that he is a little too attached to the ETH. But he's certainly not an apologist ufologist.;)

I've had email debates with Heseltine on ETH. Yes, he needs to become less attached to one theory, but if he is collecting good information and giving it proper evaluation, it's not such a serious matter.

I'll have to listen again, not only because I only understood about two thirds the first time around (I'm not used to the accent), but also because of the wealth of interesting cases and information. Seems like he's really stirring things up and has a more crowded schedule now than before he retired. Hope he'll be on again. Thanks for asking my questions!

I have to admit that I had hoped the Zygmund Adamski case, if it hadn't been made up altogether, was actually a "normal" murder with a strange mode of "disposing" of the body. To hear Mr Heseltine reporting on the account of the police officer is kind of unsettling.

Gary is trying to put a UFO publication together and has been able to enlist some writers, but I imagine that getting sufficient subscriptions and advertising will be a challenge. I respect the effort, but at the same time there's a high probability that it will become yet another UFO group that funnels resources into duplicating most of the same stuff we see for free in a million other places on the Internet. When I put USI together over 20 years ago, I naively believed that if I created an interest group that was cost and bureaucracy free for the purpose of uniting responsible ufologists around the world, that it would only be a matter of a few short years before we had a solid core of unified ufologists who could network and pool resources into meaningful projects. But instead, it's been my experience that in ufology, it's largely every man ( and woman ) for themselves. Most want to bake their own cake and eat it too. But at least Gary is putting in a genuine and constructive effort and not trying to marginalize ufology. I also applaud Gary for supporting the concept that UFOs are alien craft, although I agree with Gene that concluding they are extraterrestrial is premature.

I'll have to listen again, not only because I only understood about two thirds the first time around (I'm not used to the accent), but also because of the wealth of interesting cases and information. Seems like he's really stirring things up and has a more crowded schedule now than before he retired. Hope he'll be on again. Thanks for asking my questions!

I have to admit that I had hoped the Zygmund Adamski case, if it hadn't been made up altogether, was actually a "normal" murder with a strange mode of "disposing" of the body. To hear Mr Heseltine reporting on the account of the police officer is kind of unsettling.

Do you understand me better than Gary?

The best episodes often get the least comments. Maybe people are too busy researching. Or they only post if they don't like something.

to be frank outside Gary's recounting of the adamski case I didn't find this episode to be especially compelling.

the adamski case along with the Todd Sees case and the Lovette case would make fir interesting listening

The best episodes often get the least comments. Maybe people are too busy researching. Or they only post if they don't like something.

Not sure about everyone else, but I tend to listen a little while after the day the show is posted. So maybe more people just need time to access it. Or maybe that's just me. :) I'm also certain some people only have something to say when it's negative, which is a shame.

We're listening to the episode right now. One thing I was kind of surprised about was that Gary didn't jump on the idea of searching newspapers for corroborating articles already. I'm sure that is easier said than done, but I think that's one of the first places I would look (aside from asking anyone I knew who lived in the area if they recalled anything strange happening around that time). I would love to hear a follow up if he follows through with that and discovers anything (or if anyone else does).

When I listened to the last roundtable episode with you on it Goggs, I could understand you perfectly. Your accent is not that bad or thick.

I would call it a "good" accent, personally. ;)

When I listened to the last roundtable episode with you on it Goggs, I could understand you perfectly. Your accent is not that bad or thick.

Good, I make a conscious effort not to fall back into the way I may speak to someone local to me otherwise much would be unintelligable. Having been away from Scotland in the navy and working abroad, including the US, I have had practice toning down what can be an extremely strong accent and dialect.

For instance, and this is no exaggeration whatsoever, 'Where is he going?' in my local dialect, would be 'far-se-gan'!

I only brought this up cos Polter said he had a little trouble with Gary's accent, which I thought was quite mild, for the part of the UK he hails from.

He actually has a good radio voice that has its own tonal appeal. Goggs also a good sense of pacing to his voice, and easy give and go with other voices, but that could be in the editing - I don't know.

Well that's just more credit to you all then. I felt like some of the Stoner material was edited - it seemed like there was an attempt to eliminate some of the rambly narratives and extended explanations.

Back