• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

French team analysis and findings of the Trent/McMinnville photo's

The software utilised in the IPACO McMinnville UFO photographs analysis was very interesting.

Unfortunately, there were flaws within their analysis. They treated constant figures as though they were relative figures, and altered them whenever it suited their purposes. Brad Sparks wrote a brief rebuttal to the study where he demonstrated that. His rebuttal is located at the below link, it begins at halfway down the page.

The IPACO Debunkers Attack the Trent Photos (McMinnville, Oregon, May 11, 1950)

I personally would like to see their analysis redone with the correct figures. The software they used holds a lot of promise if used correctly.

The IPACO report states that it was updated in 2014 - after the Sparks article cited above - to take into account different measurements and other factors. I don't know how much the changes would affect the criticisms that Sparks detailed about the photo analysis that IPACO used to find indications of a string. There is further discussion about the photos on the IPACO site should that be of interest.

ANALYSIS Forum (IPACO) :: Back to McMinnville- From Imagery Analysis to Interpretation

There was also a lot of discussion about the photos last year on Kevin Randle's site, including some interesting statements attributed to the Trent family, but the technical details are beyond my expertise.

A Different Perspective: More Thoughts on McMinnville

Robert Shaeffer cites the Lawton hoax to dismiss Maccabee's work, so it is remembered. Shaeffer's analysis of the Trent photos has been criticized in turn. The debate seems likely to continue for as long as people remain interested in the topic. The IPACO study adds to the debate and informs my own opinion, but I can still like the photos on their own terms regardless of whether they are pictures of an unknown craft or of a truck mirror (as Joel Carpenter suggested).

Last edited:
One thing that never get's mentioned is how the "mast" or "post" on top of the object is askew to one side. The theory of the truck mirror makes perfect sense. When the mirror is affixed to the bracket on the truck, one adjust the mirror with their hand, once the mirror is taken off, chances are the mirror is still adjusted at the angle that the driver used. Wny would a flying object have a post in the middle of it but listed to one side?

Total hoax. Totally a mirror, IMO.

Trent.JPG
mir7lgcu.jpg

Back