• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

For J. Randall - emergency dental fix

Squirrel

Paranormal Novice
J. Randall -

I just heard your story about having an urgent dental problem, and I'd like to share a quick fix which has worked extremely well for me over my 79 years.

I'm a devotee of natural/herbal medicine, and I believe so far, naturals have given me a good decade of life beyond where I'd be without them.

One particularly effective herbal is olive leaf extract, which is more or less powdered olive tree leaves in capsules. The product I've had good luck with is the Natural Factors brand, widely available in health shops.

A doctor introduced me to olive leaf extract as an anti-bacterial and anti-viral medication.

When I have gum or tooth pain, I open up a capsule, and spread the powder generously around the painful area, and I do so when I can keep the powder thus spread undisturbed for a while, as in bed.

Excellent results.

I have no medical training, and naturally, all I can do is share my own experiences, but this product is approved as a supplement. Not particularly expensive.

For what it may be worth.

ADDENDUM: Although olive leaf has provided best long term results, over the years I've used other things which have given some short-term relief, such as:

- toothpaste
- vodka (alcohol)
- Ivory soap (no taste)
- baking soda
- bentonite clay (don't leave it on a very long time)
- activated charcoal (don't leave it on a very long time)

Those ideas may help when the condition is urgent and olive leaf will take some time to get.

-- Squirrel

Last edited:

USI Calgary

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
J. Randall -

I just heard your story about having an urgent dental problem, and I'd like to share a quick fix which has worked extremely well for me over my 79 years.

I'm a devotee of natural/herbal medicine, and I believe so far, naturals have given me a good decade of life beyond where I'd be without them.

One particularly effective herbal is olive leaf extract, which is more or less powdered olive tree leaves in capsules. The product I've had good luck with is the Natural Factors brand, widely available in health shops.

A doctor introduced me to olive leaf extract as an anti-bacterial and anti-viral medication.

When I have gum or tooth pain, I open up a capsule, and spread the powder generously around the painful area, and I do so when I can keep the powder thus spread undisturbed for a while, as in bed.

Excellent results.

I have no medical training, and naturally, all I can do is share my own experiences, but this product is approved as a supplement. Not particularly expensive.

For what it may be worth.

ADDENDUM: Although olive leaf has provided best long term results, over the years I've used other things which have given some short-term relief, such as:

- toothpaste
- vodka (alcohol)
- Ivory soap (no taste)
- baking soda
- bentonite clay (don't leave it on a very long time)
- activated charcoal (don't leave it on a very long time)

Those ideas may help when the condition is urgent and olive leaf will take some time to get.

-- Squirrel
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I've been using a similar strategy to get the problem settled down. I used Advil liquid gels plus some codeine to get through the worst of the pain and keep the inflammation down, while applying a combination of essential oils, hydrogen peroxide, Sensodyne repair toothpaste, and flouride booster. That in conjunction with a milder rinse, extra vitamin C, citrus bioflavinoids, and gum massages, seems to have cleared the immediate problem. At one point I also used some over-proof vodka as a rinse ( not consumption ). I'll definitely try adding the olive leaf extract to the mix. Ultimately I'll still need some dental work, but I'm hoping that it can now consist of a filling instead of an extraction.

Squirrel

Paranormal Novice
Thanks so much for the suggestions. I've been using a similar strategy to get the problem settled down. I used Advil liquid gels plus some codeine to get through the worst of the pain and keep the inflammation down, while applying a combination of essential oils, hydrogen peroxide, Sensodyne repair toothpaste, and flouride booster. That in conjunction with a milder rinse, extra vitamin C, citrus bioflavinoids, and gum massages, seems to have cleared the immediate problem. At one point I also used some over-proof vodka as a rinse ( not consumption ). I'll definitely try adding the olive leaf extract to the mix. Ultimately I'll still need some dental work, but I'm hoping that it can now consist of a filling instead of an extraction.
Believe it or not, in most cases, once the olive leaf settled down what seems to be infection, I have usually not needed dental follow-up.

Part of that may be due to a tip I've been using for the past two decades, that being that after brushing with toothpaste, a chemist (who had bad teeth before developing this tip) urged brushing again with Ivory soap, which has no taste.

Reason: Toothpaste is beneficial but leaves a glycerine film, which protects bacteria. A soap brushing clears away the glycerine. Not a single cavity here for two decades.

ADDENDUM: I've had good results using olive leaf to suppress, especially early in the cycle, colds and flu. Olive leaf is said to be anti-viral, and this experience suggests that may be the case.

-- Squirrel

Last edited: