• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Footprint find on Crete may push back date humans began to walk upright

Han

piscator ψ
Anybody who wants to look at the surrounding area of the discovery can do so on google maps.

There are two places called "Trachilos" in Crete one island in the south east and one in the north west.
Comparing the maps in the article with google maps I believe it is the one in the north west where the foot prints were found:
upload_2017-9-2_14-47-49.png

the best local landmark I could find was called "
Archaeological Museum of Kissamos
Αρχαιολογικό Μουσείο Κισάμου

this link should go to it:
Google Maps

but if it does not work just enter "Archaeological Museum of Kissamos" into google maps.

Personally I don't think Atlantis was here, if it ever existed at all, but I have very roughly marked a map to show were it is supposed to have been by some:

upload_2017-9-2_14-50-3.png

Certainly a very interesting place ;)

I believe they even had little Hippos at one point:
Hippopotamus creutzburgi - Wikipedia