• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Followed to the New House

wolf expert

Paranormal Novice
A few years ago, I lived in this old apartment with my mom and sister. One night when my sister was reading, she had her foot against the wall and accidentally kicked a hole in it. A few nights after that, I woke up to someone shouting "Hey!" at me really loudly. Standing at the foot of my bed was a man dressed in black. He completely filled the air with some kind of energy that I could actually see in the form of dark colors. I stared up at him for a second and even though it scared me, I was really tired and I fell back to sleep almost right away. I thought it was a dream at first, until a couple of days later when my sister told me the same thing had happened to her. I hadn't said anything about it until then and she was the one who had brought it up, so I'm sure that she was telling the truth. He apparently scared her more than me and was satisfied with that, because she never saw him again after that unless she never told me of any other times.

He kept appearing at the foot of my bed every few nights and would sometimes appear a few nights in a row. At one point I noticed that there were these black spots in the carpet which looked just like footprints. I was the only one who ever came into my room and I know I didn't spill anything, so I had no explanation for it. Also the footprints were leading towards the door that separates my room from my mom's which was always closed and had a cabinet in front of it. I started hearing loud noises at night, like someone messing with papers on my desk or hitting the glass on the cabinet door.

After I moved, I realized just how noisy my previous room had been at night. Both houses were about the same distance from the major roads and just as well insulated, so the only reason I could think of that the new house could be so quiet was because there was no one else there. A few days later the noise, which I realized was whispering, started up again and I would sometimes see a black mass floating around my room similar to the dark energy I would usually see surrounding the man in black. My mom and sister never believed me about this even though my sister had actually seen him too, but a few months after moving into the new house, we got a dog who would sleep in my bed with me. She would sometimes wake me up by growling or even barking and I would see it again or hear banging noises.

After my dog started to bark at it, it went back to being quiet in the house and it would show up less and less. Lately though my mom and my dog have both been hearing voices that I don't notice and the neighbors that live downstairs are away on vacation. Last night it started getting bad again. When leaving my room to get something to drink, I thought I had heard some bells ringing close by. I thought maybe it was just a stuffed animal that had fallen off of the bed or that my dog had rubbed up against since she really likes to sleep while curled up with a stuffed animal, but it sounded like it had come from my mom's room. When I went back into my room, the stuffed animal hadn't fallen off the bed and my dog hadn't moved. When I got into bed, I heard the bell again and this time there was a low humming noise that was almost like music. Again, the neighbors are still gone and I wouldn't have heard something from outside. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep thinking it would stop. Instead, a hand grabbed the bed near my pillow and started to shake the bed. I don't know how I know it was a hand, that's just the feeling I got and I could feel heat radiating from it. After that my dog, who is too small to be able to move the bed like that, got up and laid down next to me, whimpering.

I had a nightmare about him, which has happened a lot. My mom and my sister had nightmares about this before too, even though as far as I know my mom hasn't experienced anything other than the recent voices. I don't know if the nightmares are anything important, but I thought I should mention them anyway just in case.

Hey that's pretty freaky. There is a bit of MIB and shadow people, dark negative energy and poltergeist-type stuff all mixed in.

I consider myself quite brave and not a lot scares me, but am I the only one, upon reading such tales that thinks 'shit I'd be cacking it if that was happening to me every night?' - In fact, the one time I saw an apparition, it was real enough for me just to think it was a person. I've always wondered when people see something really strange, such as a close flying saucer or headless ghost - does it look 'real' or like some special effect from the '80's? - I don't know if I'm wording my question well but David Biedny put it well when he said - referring to the huge UFO over Caracas- that your eyes/brain tell you when something should not be there etc.

Actually one time I was walking home from school and I climbed this rise and behind some trees in the middle distance was what I genuinely thought was some huge spaceship! It actually turned out to be a grey barrage balloon that had paratroops doing their first jumps. I had never before seen such a balloon and certainly not where it was, quite close to where I live. The point is that it was so out of place that my brain had a little trouble processing it for a minute. Actually a second time this happened is when I saw a car hit a kerb-like central reservation on a road and it actually launched a couple of feet in the air and did a 180. For that split-second that car was fully in the air and it just did not seem right, cos we just don't see cars in the air do we? (except in Hazard County, where all those pesky little ramps are hiding behind bushes n shit)

Back