• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Flatwoods Sighting 60 years ago.

Wade

FeralNormal master
Today is the 60th anniversary of the flatwoods monster sighting. And even though it's not quite the same thing I immediately thought of one of my favorite looney toons clip

The thing that bothers most is the monster sighting. Frank (something) wrote a very dry, repetative, and ill edited book about it. However, the book was chock full of really well documented facts and sources. He showed that something odd happened.

I used to think that this was the only known sighting of such a creature. But, as I recall, a few years ago a member here on the forum had heard of at least one similar sighting. I think that sighting was in Ireland but I just can't remember for sure. Anyway, the description is odd enough to make the car stand out.

I will say that the "Barn Owl" explaination was nearly as absurd as Hyneks swap gas.

I suppose it's not really a pertinent point, but if this was just a case of a bunch of "hillbilly folk" (who would be pretty familiar with any local wildlife) got fooled by a large owl, the dog, which ran ahead of the witnesses, got fooled as well, for it shot past them with its tail between its legs. And if it was some kind of mutant owl wouldn't it seem likely that it would turn up in subsequent sightings ?

Flatwoods.png

first time i saw this i flipped out.

this dude is probably responsible for the 60.000 or so people mainly women persecuted and killed since the 1400s.
thanks flatwood guy.:mad:

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but today is the 1st time I've heard of this case...fascinating to say the least. I saw an interview with one of the witnesses and he seemed as genuine as they come. The amazing thing is the description of this creature, its unlike anything I've ever heard of before & I really doubt these people would have made up something seemingly so ridiculous.

Wasn't it Redfern who found evidence that the US/UK used a similar "prop" during WWII to flush out the superstitious enemy?
Or something like that. The entire incident does not add up to some kind of human experiment, but Redfern always sounds convincing. Also, something about the ace of spades appearance along with the creature would be enough to clear out small villages.
There is just too much eye witness testimony to the flat woods incident for me to conclude that the US military performed this experiment 7 yrs after the war- too much strangeness in the accounts

Last edited:
I don't know if nick found any evidence Per say but i believe he did mention on a previous appearance that he felt that flatwoods was a possible military psy ops operation. After coming upon this article and...recognizing it comes about sixty years after the fact..my first thought was that this "new information/drawing" could almost buttress his suspicions. My thinking is that if I were living at that time and wanted to do some kind psychological experiment using an ET, I would make it conform to the perception of the time and more to the point use what materials were available at the time in creating an off planet bioligical entity not immediately adapting to a new environment. I was thinking that if there was a true ET its tech would be far superior to the rudimentary tech it appeared to be using. But then again I have to realize this is a drawing based upon a sixty year old memory and for people of that time to try to explain things that they didn't really know about would be like a caveman trying to explain modern jet sixty years later. Provided he even lived that long :)

Of course one would have to accept that the military had some kind of "hovering' technology at the time but that doesn't seem to be too unlikely to me.

Last edited:
i dont know anything about flatwoods, i know that they had hovering craft at the time, but they were noisey as hell, and very unstable.

Back