• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Flatwoods Monster Solved?

Skymon876

Paranormal Adept
Possibly.....

This blog entry was referenced in the latest Paracast episode. It was Nick Redfern who discussed this on the Paracast before.

THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE WOODS...: Is This The Flatwoods Monster?

Quote:

There are a number of issues worth noting here. First, the height of the Flatwoods Monster and the British Army's devilish scarecrow were the same: 12-feet. In addition, the cover of Frank Feschino's book shows the Flatwoods Monster emitting lights. And the 12-foot scarecrow in Italy gave off "frightful flashes and bangs" and had "great electric blue sparks jumping from it."

Intresting article and some touchy folks can't open their minds to plausible theories . Instead follow the same methods throw the baby out with the bath water . Mr Nick Redfern already stated it possibility! Remember folks it's one of many odd events through out history of strange awareness. RPJ touched on a serous matter which the so called top gun state of the free World was given a large V from something moving in the skies in 1952. Moreover , we should be looking at what was being done around the World Oceans at that critical time and the race of Nuclear Testing down under and in the Pacific Ocean.

Eh, still seems up in the air, but I've also heard theories it was a Hiller flying platform being tested. Wasn't there a 'smell' involved?
Regarding that italian "walking scarecrow", has anyone heard of an apparent lake monster sighting in Washington State, where witnesses described a Nessie-like creature which crawled out of the Sound, spewing sparks from copper collars and shot a jet of blue stuff at a witness temporarily paralyzing him/knocking him out? walking seaborne Scarecrow?
I'm getting almost scooby-doo vibes from some of these

This speculative connection by Nick Redfern is just not supported by any facts. The problem with the solution is that it may be based on fiction. The Rand report quotes uncritically from "Magic: Top Secret" by Jasper Maskelyne as if it were fact. The book was ghostwritten for Maskelyne and it glorifies his role in the World War II camouflage campaigns to the point of mythology. (See
Now You See It – The Truth About Jasper Maskelyne and the Battle of Alamein | Waterstones Blog )

We can't be certain that the scarecrow of Sicily is anything more than an anecdote, possibly concocted by Maskelyne or his ghost writer. As far as I'm aware, Maskelyne's book is the only reference to the use of this device in all the literature on World War II. If it really happened, I'd expect it to have spread at least half as far as the story of the Flatwoods Monster.

I agree with Sentry. Given what we know about the ridiculous secret weapons devised (and usually abandoned almost immediately) by the British Army during WWII, such as the Great Panjandrum (google it - it's hilarious!), if the "Sicilian Scarecrow" ever existed outside the imagination of one guy who was a professional showman and trickster, there's absolutely no reason why we wouldn't know all about it by now. And what possible reason could the US Army have had for testing a frankly daft and at best marginally useful British secret weapon 7 years after the end of WWII by setting it up in a remote area and hoping a few civilians randomly happened to pass by?

I have always been fascinated by the Flatwoods monster event. I just don't buy the Italian Scarecrow thing. I think it's more plausible that an alien landed, than that "thing" was planted in the woods of West Virginia in the hopes of scaring the locals(?). Not saying it was alien, mind you, just that it would be more likely.:rolleyes:

Nice to see you back Ufology/Randall ... Personally, I'd like to hear your take in the Flatwoods Monster thread- specifically in regards to your opinion if there exists a chance the whole incident itself was set up as the sicilian scarecrow of WWII- as Redferd suggests.

Thanks SL for the welcome back, and to @Gene Steinberg for the link. Your question would be a really good question for John B. Alexander. Personally, I don't think a psi-ops exercise can be entirely ruled out, however there are also other factors to consider. Also check out this article from CSI ( formerly CSICOP ): http://www.csicop.org/si/show/flatwoods_ufo_monster/

Background article: http://monsterusa.blogspot.ca/2010/09/is-this-flatwoods-monster.html

Back