• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fear and Loathing on the Trail of the Saucers: Ask Bryce Zabel

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
This will be fun.

A winner of the prestigious Writers Guild award for screenwriting, Bryce Zabel has created and produced five primetime television series, including fan favorites Dark Skies and The Crow, and worked on a dozen TV writing staffs (Lois & Clark, Taken). A produced feature writer (Atlantis, Mortal Kombat) and miniseries writer (Blackbeard, Pandemic), Bryce’s latest film, The Last Battle, based on a New York Times bestseller, will be shot this year in Europe. He was the first writer since Rod Serling elected to serve as Chairman/CEO of the Television Academy. He has taught screenwriting as an Adjunct Professor at the USC School of Cinematic Arts, reported on-air as a CNN correspondent, and won multiple awards for investigative reporting for PBS. His Breakpoint alternate history book series is the winner of the coveted Sidewise Award for Alternate History for its debut about the JFK assassination, and continues in 2018 with the publication of Once There Was a Way, a novel about The Beatles staying together. He is developing Unidentified about the race to break the Roswell story, and Captured about the Betty and Barney Hill abduction. His book A.D. After Disclosure with Richard Dolan is considered a classic of UFO literature. Zabel is a featured speaker at the 2018 International UFO Congress in Phoenix, speaking on the topic, “Fear and Loathing on the Trail of the Saucers.”

Lots of things to talk about. We'll be recording this episode Thursday, January 25 from 2 PM until 4 PM Arizona time; 1 PM until 3 PM Pacific.

Oh, and we have tentatively scheduled Eric von Daniken for an episode. It won't be for a full show, but we'll have plenty of discussion around that appearance. I'll let you know the specifics when it's confirmed.

I'll have the Question Bank thread up by tomorrow. But von Daniken is confirmed for next week along with David Halperin, UFO researcher and biblical scholar. Let the fireworks fly. :D

This show had a lot of pop-culture references that tied the entertainment industry into UFO culture, but it wasn't just the usual spin. We touched on how the shadowy PTB has weaved itself into the "mosaic" ( as Zabel put it ), and he has a very interesting story of his own that he'll be detailing more in the future. I thoroughly enjoyed it ( as always ), and I'll be on the ATP tomorrow if anyone wants me to bring up anything. I'll definitely be touching on the Mandela Effect - Reality Shifting phenomenon there.

Back