• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Favorite Paracast Guest? Jim Moseley!

Rizla

Paranormal Maven
Hands down, Jim Moseley.

Not for any new revelations laid down, not for any groundbreaking research. Not for being any kind of whistle-blower guy with some special lead on something. No...

Jim Moseley talked on his many fabulous Paracast interviews exactly the way he talked to you on the phone. He gave you and any subject his complete attention -- which meant that he might make a semi-drunk judgement on any subject at hand, but there were brilliant inebriated revelations around the corner at any time. He was passionate because he actually cared. He was deeply interested in what any intelligent person had to say about Ufology. He had seen it all, over so many years, and if you had anything to say which entertained him, he was delighted, and on occasion you'd be blessed with a late night phone call. It was, of course, later in Florida than where I live, and Jim burned midnight oil in an old school fashion. His calls were a joy, and an intellectual sparring match that went all over the map. We'd talk rock music and Emma Woods and Tiny Tim, and finally we'd get to what really, always, was on his mind: What was the meaning of the UFO mystery? To his last breath, he cared about it more than most of us. He considered the mystery profound, whatever it was.

We're all fortunate that Gene Steinberg (and partners) preserved these great conversations with Jim Moseley. Thanks to the Paracast, those of us who knew Jim can conjure him in our living rooms on demand. Those Paracast shows are exactly what it was like talking to Jim on the phone, although less personal, as Jim did have a clue about what was not for public consumption.

What I really regret is that I didn't tape more conversations. He was such an interesting guy. His curiosity went far beyond UFO's. At the end of the day, I think his philosophy on UFO's is very relevant. His philosophy ran deep, but he loved the gossip and the human, all-too-human nature of it all. In studying the human beings who told the stories of the UFO mystery, he was ahead of his time, I reckon.

Honorable Mentions for the Paracast? Kevin Randle is always good to hear, and I agree with Jim that, other than on the subject of Roswell, Randle's one of the best researchers we've got. Redfern is always entertaining. Curious which other great episodes others would cite.

Kudos to Gene for getting the longest and best interviews with Moseley that historians will ever have. I thought Jim would live forever, so I never interviewed him, a mistake. He invited me to interview him in Key West and I didn't.

Jim had a sense of humor, that rarest trait in Ufology, then and now. Cheers to Gene, Chris, and R.I.P. to Jim. I'm curious what other Paracast shows are considered classic to people. My very best to everyone.

p/s Jim's point about pastel flowers, during his Paracast debate with Randle, is a delightful example of Moseley, the Saucer Smear guy at the bar, catching something no one else noticed. He humorously presents this to Randle, and the resulting debate remains an inspiration to critical thinkers. That whole episode is superb. Thanks to Randle and Gene and Chris for a great show.

Last edited:
Hands down, Jim Moseley.

Not for any new revelations laid down, not for any groundbreaking research. Not for being any kind of whistle-blower guy with some special lead on something. No...

Jim Moseley talked on his many fabulous Paracast interviews exactly the way he talked to you on the phone. He gave you and any subject his complete attention -- which meant that he might make a semi-drunk judgement on any subject at hand, but there were brilliant inebriated revelations around the corner at any time. He was passionate because he actually cared. He was deeply interested in what any intelligent person had to say about Ufology. He had seen it all, over so many years, and if you had anything to say which entertained him, he was delighted, and on occasion you'd be blessed with a late night phone call. It was, of course, later in Florida than where I live, and Jim burned midnight oil in an old school fashion. His calls were a joy, and an intellectual sparring match that went all over the map. We'd talk rock music and Emma Woods and Tiny Tim, and finally we'd get to what really, always, was on his mind: What was the meaning of the UFO mystery? To his last breath, he cared about it more than most of us. He considered the mystery profound, whatever it was.

We're all fortunate that Gene Steinberg (and partners) preserved these great conversations with Jim Moseley. Thanks to the Paracast, those of us who knew Jim can conjure him in our living rooms on demand. Those Paracast shows are exactly what it was like talking to Jim on the phone, although less personal, as Jim did have a clue about what was not for public consumption.

What I really regret is that I didn't tape more conversations. He was such an interesting guy. His curiosity went far beyond UFO's. At the end of the day, I think his philosophy on UFO's is very relevant. His philosophy ran deep, but he loved the gossip and the human, all-too-human nature of it all. In studying the human beings who told the stories of the UFO mystery, he was ahead of his time, I reckon.

Honorable Mentions for the Paracast? Kevin Randle is always good to hear, and I agree with Jim that, other than on the subject of Roswell, Randle's one of the best researchers we've got. Redfern is always entertaining. Curious which other great episodes others would cite.

Kudos to Gene for getting the longest and best interviews with Moseley that historians will ever have. I thought Jim would live forever, so I never interviewed him, a mistake. He invited me to interview him in Key West and I didn't.

Jim had a sense of humor, that rarest trait in Ufology, then and now. Cheers to Gene, Chris, and R.I.P. to Jim. I'm curious what other Paracast shows are considered classic to people. My very best to everyone.

p/s Jim's point about pastel flowers, during his Paracast debate with Randle, is a delightful example of Moseley, the Saucer Smear guy at the bar, catching something no one else noticed. He humorously presents this to Randle, and the resulting debate remains an inspiration to critical thinkers. That whole episode is superb. Thanks to Randle and Gene and Chris for a great show.

In the old days, I'd spend hours on end talking with Jim on everything and anything. If I could preserve those conversations, I'd have houses filled with recordings. But I cherish all those talkfests, always will.

Thank the Gods you have any of them, Gene. I certainly don't. Your shows are wonderful, thank you.

Back