• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fact Check: Stealth Bomber Inventor Sees UFO

@Stool_Pigeon

Paranormal Novice
Hey everyone,

I heard some time ago (Paracast? Maybe a TV special?) That one of the designers or inventors of the original stealth bomber, or flying wing aircraft, saw a UFO flying outside his airplane window. The UFO he saw gave him inspiration for the shape of the B2.

I'm sure I have some things garbled there, or maybe this is total garbage.

I can't find anything online about this. Am I crazy, or is there something to this?

Thanks!

No idea of the veracity of this, however the Horten Ho 229 is very much the inspiration for the early US "flying wing" developments after WW2.

Hey everyone,

I heard some time ago (Paracast? Maybe a TV special?) That one of the designers or inventors of the original stealth bomber, or flying wing aircraft, saw a UFO flying outside his airplane window. The UFO he saw gave him inspiration for the shape of the B2.

I'm sure I have some things garbled there, or maybe this is total garbage.

I can't find anything online about this. Am I crazy, or is there something to this?

Thanks!
The B2 carried on the tradition of the Northrop YB-49 flying wing, which as @stonehart mentioned, was inspired by the Horten Brothers Horten Ho 229 These are all very cool aircraft. I saw a B2 fly in low over Calgary one afternoon. It was one of those things you don't quickly forget.

Back