• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ever been tricked?

dccruibay66

Paranormal Novice
When I was a child, I used to hate mayonaise. The smell of it would make me sick. I would not eat a sandwich, deviled eggs, tuna, or many other things because of this. A few years ago, my wife tricked me into eating mayonaise, and I thought it was something new. Come to find out, I love the stuff. How did this happen? Well, my parents always bought Miracle whip, and called it mayonaise. So I always assumed that mayonaise, and miracle whip where the same thing. I was wrong, and for most of my life, I missed out on things. One of my favorite things to eat is Tuna Sandwiches, and I only found this out recently. That is not the worst trick though. My mom used to make veal every other week. We had that with spaghetti. Then one day, thinking we were having veal, I go to take a bite, and what is it? Veal? No no NO. It was eggplant. Nasty tasting eggplant. One of the worst things I have ever tried in my life. Why would parents do something like that?

PS. Yes this was a pointless thread, but eh. The other threads moved on without me and I got lost, or are not moving at all, and I got bored.

Ever eat a grape nut? :p

DSCN3483.jpg

When I was a child, I used to hate mayonaise. The smell of it would make me sick. I would not eat a sandwich, deviled eggs, tuna, or many other things because of this. A few years ago, my wife tricked me into eating mayonaise, and I thought it was something new. Come to find out, I love the stuff. How did this happen? Well, my parents always bought Miracle whip, and called it mayonaise. So I always assumed that mayonaise, and miracle whip where the same thing. I was wrong, and for most of my life, I missed out on things. One of my favorite things to eat is Tuna Sandwiches, and I only found this out recently. That is not the worst trick though. My mom used to make veal every other week. We had that with spaghetti. Then one day, thinking we were having veal, I go to take a bite, and what is it? Veal? No no NO. It was eggplant. Nasty tasting eggplant. One of the worst things I have ever tried in my life. Why would parents do something like that?

PS. Yes this was a pointless thread, but eh. The other threads moved on without me and I got lost, or are not moving at all, and I got bored.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Miracle Whip either. Too thin and too vinegary. Hellman's mayonnaise is the best. I liked almost everything when I was a kid. Wasn't really a picky eater at all. The one thing I couldn't tolerate though was bread-based stuffing. Y'know, like Stove Top, that sort of thing. To this day that makes me gag if I try it. Doesn't matter who makes it. All the time people tell me, "Oh, you'll like mine. Those other people didn't know what they were doing." Nope, yours too. It's all nasty, homemade or a store-bought blend.

How could any --human-- (at least, earth human,) eat Okra?

That stuff just FRIGHTENS me. They are pods like those pods in Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
All slimy and green gooy.

Haha, I used to share okra with my iguana!

When I was little, my family went out to this fancy restaurant for mother's day where I encountered calamari for the first time. I ate the crap out of it- probably two full plates all to myself. I kept asking what it was, and my mom said not to tell me because she didn't want to ruin calamari for me since I liked it so much. Well, my grandpa couldn't help himself and he let the cat out of the bag that it was squid. I was SO MAD and I immediately blamed my mother- "Why didn't you tell me!?". Luckily, I now love squid :)

I don't know how people can say or even think that mayo and Miracle Whip are the same thing. They are SO not the same thing. Miracle Whip is gross. Mayo is fantastic. Two different tastes, thicknesses, ingredients, etc.

Back