• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Equal Opportunity Abduction

• Thread starter interestedINitall
  • Start date

I

interestedINitall

This is only a "Hey, how about that?" post so I hope the reactionaries among us (you know who you are) won't whip themselves into a lather over it.

While listening to last night's cast, I noticed David said something about their guests relaying "His or her experience. . ." and it hit me that we seldom hear abduction / contact cases from women on the show.

Again, this isn't a general complaint. I love hearing the cases that are presented but I'm left wondering what the disparity is all about and wondering what the subtle differences/similarities might be.

Are women reluctant to talk about their cases because many of them are analogous to rape?

Is there something of a Good Ol' Boy's network in the UFO/Paranormal community?

Just wondering. . .

PS: I fully realize that dozens of famous abduction / contact stories involve (exclusively or in part) women. I am referring to The Paracast in particular.

Would there be some point to it? Just having people (regardless of gender) on the show to tell yet another run-of-the-mill abduction story doesn't really advance he cause of the paracast.

In fact I was fairly disappointed with this week's show for that very reason. Up until this point I'd never heard of Jim Sparks, so I was expecting something interesting. What did I get instead? A cookie-cutter abduction story, right down to the government agents and the reptilians. Whoopidie-doo-dah-day.

Well they've only had two abductees/experiencers on that I can think of. Jeff R. and Jim. BM case was dealt with but that's a fraud:) Probably just happen stance. Doubt David and Gene have even thought about gender when dealing with who they have on.

A.LeClair said:
Well they've only had two abductees/experiencers on that I can think of. Jeff R. and Jim. BM case was dealt with but that's a fraud:) Probably just happen stance. Doubt David and Gene have even thought about gender when dealing with who they have on.

Oh, I agree. I seriously doubt it's intentional. It was just a thought I had and thought I'd mention. :)

Though I see some of the "reactionaries" couldn't resist. ;)

Back