• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Egypt unveils ancient mummy

Zandroid

Skilled Investigator
The Associated Press: Egypt unveils ancient mummy, part of new discovery

SAQQARA, Egypt (AP) — Illuminated only by torches and camera lights, Egyptian laborers used crowbars and picks Wednesday to lift the lid off a 2,600-year-old limestone sarcophagus, exposing — for the first time since it was sealed in antiquity — a perfectly preserved mummy.
The mummy, wrapped in dark-stained canvas, is part of Egypt's latest archaeological discovery of a burial chamber 36 feet below ground at the ancient necropolis of Saqqara. The find, made three weeks ago, was publicly announced Monday and shown to reporters for the first time Wednesday.

ALeqM5iquB1nrA1GOk6PReL20aB3SBi0bA

I'd like let a few engineers to take a look at its sarcophagus, to analyze marks being left by tools which were used for its production if any but something tells that as long as a mummy has been found inside this sarcophagus does not have the same level of precision as famous Giza Plato Pyramids have. In other words this one for sure was used for a burring purpose and I think I can agree with the age has been defined for it, indeed it belongs to the Dynasty Period. But then again - was 3 weeks enough time to make a chemical analyze of the mummy to date this thing?

Back