• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Edgar Cayce

Hey....I was always intrigued by this supposed healer.

Thoughts?

Edgar Cayce was my introduction into "metaphysical" subjects, when I was about 20 years old. At that time I read every book available on him.

Strangers would come to him, he would go into a trance state and answer their questions, which were initially all of a medical nature. People would come to him with things like chronic pain and eye disorders and things like that.

His medical diagnoses were uncannily accurate (about 90%), but his predictions of the future were less so (about 25%). Those who think very highly of Cayce generally focus on the medical readings and those who debunk him generally focus on the predictions.

If you want to get an impression of him so that you can draw your own conclusions, I'd recommend skipping the majority of the books, which consist of second-hand accounts and opinions. Just go directly to the readings themselves, thousands of them have been made public. The best books for this are The Edgar Cayce Companion and The IRF (Individual Reference File).

Brando:

I agree, his medical predictions (and his prescriptions for them) were often quite accurate (per accounts, anyways). I do have only one of his books and it's really good, imho. (A medical encylopedia by him).

He also started me on my journey into metapysical studies.

Thanks for replying!:)

bixyboo

edgar cayce is a man who suffered from serious delusionment of the brain by way of a lack of oxgyen, which lead him to have visions which where made up nonsense and scaremongering!

complete mad man!

edgar cayce is a man who suffered from serious delusionment of the brain by way of a lack of oxgyen, which lead him to have visions which where made up nonsense and scaremongering!

complete mad man!

What do you base this opinion on? I'm assuming it's something more than just boredom and the inane desire to bash someone.

You are jokeing right? I dont know you brandon, and i rather not go into serious debate tonight, because i am kind of tired today my friend.How do i come to my conclusions simple, By reading and study my friend, so many of his predictions have turned out false, look it up yourself. Once your wrong once it maybe be forgiven but twice or three time makes you a fraud!

Back