• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Earth's Forbidden Mysteries

S

schticknz

Came across this from browsing the madhouse that is ATS. Max Igan, an Australian has put together a whole lot of ancient mystery stuff ie ooparts and things of that sort, and it is available as an e-book in pdf format. It is called "Earth's Forbidden Mysteries", and it is available from this page on his website:

http://www.thecrowhouse.com/projects.html

Only briefly given it a scan so far so can't report on how good or bad it is ... but as it is free, well I couldn't not download it could I? :D

Oh and there is a second part on the way ... but that may be some way off as Igan said in an interview recently that he is writing it again as he had a hard drive failure and lost the whole second part ... Bugger :(

Though certainly less famous for their mysteries, I find them interesting.

Brandywine Stone Wall in Mississippi

MISSISSIPPI'S GREAT WALL.; A Mysterious Structure Whose Builder No One... - Article Preview - The New York Times

A photo: http://www.tar.shutterpoint.com/Photos-ViewPhoto.cfm?id=613064

My personal favorite at Rockwall, Texas.

Ooparts & Ancient High Technology--Evidence of Noah's Flood?--Page 22

Even if it's a natural rock formation, whose analysis is said not to be native to the region, who engineered the metal additions?

I'm not convinced such a place could have been constructed as a defense against giants, but this is interesting and a good look at what's been reburied. One archaeologest thinks the floor to be found at about a sixty foot depth.

http://www.noahsark-naxuan.com/PR/ROCKWALL%20CORREX.pdf

Sounds very much like Forbidden Archaeology: http://www.mcremo.com/ with many of the same anecdotes and the same conclusions, namely that the evidence he presents is proof that humanity has existed far longer than scientists tell us, that there have been previous civilizations that reached a technological level similar to our own, and that they destroyed themselves by warfare. The book is lavishly (even beautifully) illustrated.

There's really nothing new here. You certainly can't begrudge the effort that went into making this available, but if you've already read Forbidden Archaeology and Graham Hancock, that pretty well covers it. Igan does not confine himself to re-telling these anecdotes, but uses many of them as a platform for his ideas on modern politics, al Quaeda, capitalism, and the usual litany of grievances against the modern world.

Igan's sources are sparse. He does list a few at the end of his book, but they aren't well tied to the text, though he will sometimes mention them in context. He does list Cremo, but also uses von Daniken, Sitchin, Churchward (of Mu fame), the Lemurian Fellowship, Blavatsky, and similar sources. As an example here is a bibliographic entry in his list: Ramayana, The. That's it. Another source: New York Herald. No date, no volume, no number, no article. Just what are we talking about here? How does this constitute a bibliography?

In other words, many, if not most of these archaeological anomalies are not documented. Of course, his sources often don't document them either, and some of them, such as the 'Crystal Skull,' are known forgeries. As a result the book contains a hodge-podge of real mysteries combined with abject speculation done (usually) by others who have no idea what they are talking about. Their one commonality is the idea that 'scientists don't know what they are talking about' therefore everything we can come up with is valid.

I am all for people who are not PhDs with academic appointments dealing with some of these issues because I agree that academics often don't see the forest for the trees, plus they are more interested in tenure than wild speculation. But I still look for some sense of understanding, of experience, or of iron-clad documentation to replace the usual appeal to authority. Igan is a pseudonym for a musician and artist who plays computer games. He's also heavily into the 911 Truth movement. Because he is hiding behind a pseudonym we don't know if he has any credentials whatsoever that would give him credibility in this field. The contents of the book as far as I can see are based entirely on the work of others, many of whom lack any sort of credibility themselves, coupled with opinion of the modern world. It is very much a tertiary work. That puts this squarely in the tradition of von Daniken. If you enjoy the entertainment value, by all means check this out. If you are more interested in these same artifacts and ideas presented with at least the hope of documentation (and no modern opinion), read Cremo and Hancock directly. You'd be one step closer to the sources.

Sounds very much like Forbidden Archaeology ...

Yep ... pretty much totally agree with all you say, schuyler. I thought it was a reasonable stab at putting a lot of stories of strange out of place artifacts in one place ... without having to track down Forbidden Archaeology. And thats about it really.

I started tuning out when he started going into his views on certain things. I mean I can get that at places all over the internet. :p

In a way, I think its a sort of primer or springboard ... a way of showing people that "hey things are found in places where they're not not supposed to be".

However some sources would have been nice. I do hate it when people quote things and not give sources.

I've just got to track down a copy of "Forbidden Archaeology" now. A friend gave it to me to read about 15 years ago. I think I read about 2 pages ... silly bugger :D. Mind you I seem to remember it was a thickly thick book ... not exactly something you could read in an afternoon :D

I've just got to track down a copy of "Forbidden Archaeology" now. A friend gave it to me to read about 15 years ago. I think I read about 2 pages ... silly bugger :D. Mind you I seem to remember it was a thickly thick book ... not exactly something you could read in an afternoon :D

Yeah, it's a 900 page monster. It's also not an easy read. I remember pushing my way through it. He's not trying to entertain you as much as he is overwhelming you with data. Makes me want to go take a nap.

Speaking of archeology, does anyone have an opinion about Frank Joseph?? Or ever heard of him??

He seems to focus on the Atlantis and Lemuria thing, but also visits ancient America. In interviews, I've found him pretty coherent. But I haven't managed to get through a book yet.

Speaking of archeology, does anyone have an opinion about Frank Joseph?? Or ever heard of him??

He seems to focus on the Atlantis and Lemuria thing, but also visits ancient America. In interviews, I've found him pretty coherent. But I haven't managed to get through a book yet.

I've downloaded a couple of interviews with Joseph in the last few months. However ... I've not listened to them and have deleted them :D. Now I don't know if my grauniad (one for the British viewers there) angel has persuaded me that I shouldn't listen to them ... or I was just not interested in the subject matter deeply enough to listen to them. Who knows??? :D

I may just have to track down a few and give them a listen. I seem to have attacked all the decent and half-decent podcasts out there with a pointy listening stick ... and well ... haven't got a lot to look forward to for my listening pleasure at the moment (and no, I'm sorry, Tim Binnall talking to some old dear about something or other for millions of hours doesn't really float my boat I'm afraid :eek::D).

So the jury is still out for me I'm afraid ...

Yeah, it's a 900 page monster. It's also not an easy read. I remember pushing my way through it. He's not trying to entertain you as much as he is overwhelming you with data. Makes me want to go take a nap.

That's why I read its shorten version 'Hidden History of the Human Race', it's just 390 pages in PDF and certainly less chances to take a nap:D

But seriously I liked the book and hope that perhaps my daughter will see a follow up on Cremo's ideas some day...

Don't know much about Frank Joseph except that he was accused of child molestation at one time. He apparently beat the rap which could have been something to quiet him or perhaps it could have been true, I just don't know. Let me with a bad feeling nonetheless.

I attended a lecture in Dallas by Wayne May several years ago. He pretty much IS Ancient American Magazine as well as a devout Mormon. He has thousands of slides depicting artifacts from his part of the country as well as those found in Utah (people scavenging ancient tombs of giant, colorfully dressed mummies -Wow!) to support his Mormon beliefs ... if one wishes.

http://www.ancientamerican.com/

But Elaine Dewar's book, Bones, tells the real story, I think. That being one of world populations having traveled by boat when we've been told it was impossible for them. It's a fascinating read and would certainly help explain many artifacts having been "misplaced."

Amazon.com: Bones: Discovering the First Americans: Elaine Dewar: Books

I have recently came across a book entitled "Deadmen Secrets" . This book was put together by a Jonathan Gray, he is an archaeologist that has stumbled upon many artifacts tha went to the Crete museum and talks about a "Father Crespi" collection. This book is a fast pace collection of very good researchable topics.. I am mainly writing about this to simply ask if anyone has herd of this material.

I have recently came across a book entitled "Deadmen Secrets" . This book was put together by a Jonathan Gray, he is an archaeologist that has stumbled upon many artifacts tha went to the Crete museum and talks about a "Father Crespi" collection. This book is a fast pace collection of very good researchable topics.. I am mainly writing about this to simply ask if anyone has herd of this material.

he has an interesting site. not very pretty but has some cool stuff. http://www.beforeus.com

he has an interesting site. not very pretty but has some cool stuff. http://www.beforeus.com

Totally agree. Absolutely appalling website. Its put together like one of those "self-help-buy-my-book-now-for-secrets-to-making-onion-rings-only-I-have-the-secret" sort of websites. Quite horrible.

And I signed up to his newsletter. It never came. Might have to see if I can find any of his stuff on scribd.com. If he's not going to send me a newsletter then I'm not going to buy any of his books ... so there :D.

(para)schtick now having a tantrum ... so watch out world :eek::D

My personal favorite at Rockwall, Texas.

Ooparts & Ancient High Technology--Evidence of Noah's Flood?--Page 22

Even if it's a natural rock formation, whose analysis is said not to be native to the region, who engineered the metal additions?

I'm not convinced such a place could have been constructed as a defense against giants, but this is interesting and a good look at what's been reburied. One archaeologest thinks the floor to be found at about a sixty foot depth.

http://www.noahsark-naxuan.com/PR/ROCKWALL CORREX.pdf
I live about 20 minutes from Rockwall and never knew this existed. I've gotta find this place.

Ron, it might help to get to know this guy, Dave Campbell. He's in the camp of cultural diffusionists so I guess I take most of what he thinks is true with a grain of salt, but he's also near you and in touch with geologists, archaeologists and historians. He's a particularly interesting writer too though I get his articles through his locally published circular, TGIF, The Weekend Bandit.

He's a fascinating character, talented and always on the hunt for anomalies in Northeast Texas and the surrounding Oklahoma territory. I've held some of his anomalous stuff, most of it dug up not so far from you.

Anarchaeology.com

Dave turned me onto Gloria Farley and her book In Plain Sight too. Fascinating search into the origins of anomalies found in a particular area of Oklahoma.

http://www.gloriafarley.com/

Back