• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Drama In The Desert --- Art Bell's Gun Battle

Skymon876

Paranormal Adept
How It Started:
Gun Shots Fired At Art's Studio During LIVE Broadcast - Art Bell

What just happened a few days ago:

Drama in the desert: Art Bell explains ‘serious incident’

During Art’s live broadcast of his “Midnight in the Desert” radio program Wednesday night, gun shots rang out in his neighborhood. Police were called to the scene and it was determined that a subject had driven into Art’s neighborhood and fired shots near or at Art’s studio.

As heard on the broadcast of the show, Art had interrupted his guest and started playing music while he went out to investigate the situation. He returned to the air and completed the interview on his program. After the show, Art was able to investigate the situation further.

The incident is still under investigation. Art posted on his Facebook page:

Ok, the police just left for the second time and the girls are asleep, so here is what I can tell you, about 10:33 PT I got a text from my close neighbor saying he had heard 4 or 5 fast shots that seemed near my studio, he thought they were from the street behind the house but did not see anything, then a moment later another neighbor lady texted me that she heard the shots and saw a car in the dead end lane in front of my studio fire 4 or 5 rifle shots at or near the house and take off in a mid size car. We will check for bullet holes in the daylight. The girls turned off all lights and hugged the floor. We are all OK but a bit freaked out. We have video cameras, but not recorded, that will change. Sorry for the scare but it was worse on this end.

We will post any additional information as we receive it and will keep you informed.

A few days ago:

Last night Art Bell canceled his program MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT at the last minute due to a ‘serious incident’ that occurred. The description of events that were told tonight on Thanksgiving eve were chilling.

Bell said ‘somebody or somebodies don’t want me on the air,’ as he went on to explain several instances starting with the October live radio shooting that occurred while Bell was broadcasting. A police report on that matter was filed, and many neighbors heard shots. One described a dark car and witnessed the person shooting the rifle near Bell’s studio on his property.

On November 18, Bell said that another incident occurred at 7:50 PM PDT, where a call was placed to his house and a man’s voice said if he went on the air that night both he and his family ‘would be killed.’ The number was blocked and service providers were not able to provide further information. Tonight was the first time that Bell publicly relayed this information to his listening audience.

On November 23, as Bell began his interview with Michio Kaku, he explained that security lights in the rear of the home went on. Bell grabbed a gun and went to the door as he observed a man crouched down near his studio window before taking off into the darkness of the desert. Another police report was filed after the incident.

Bell admits being shaken up by the happenings, calling it ‘terrorism on a personal level.’

Art Bell had a moment where he realized that he could have shot the intruder, saying “the next day it hit me like a bomb, ‘I almost shot at somebody'” during his on air description of the events.

Bell explained not only has his life been disrupted, but his wife and child also have been living in a state of fear concerning the events.

Security has been increased, as Bell joked it is ‘fit for a king, or dictator.’

Allegations are not being publicly made as to who it is that may be committed the acts on Bell’s property, but suspicions are a plenty across the interview.

But the show goes on.. Bell is broadcasting in spite of threats and outside interests that seem compelled to keep him off the air.

And fans are listening, sending positive thoughts and prayers, and offering intentions of concern for the beloved radio host..

Back