• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr. John Brandenburg-Death on Mars

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Last evening Dr. John Brandenburg called me to inform me he is sending me a copy of his new book "Death on Mars: The Discovery of a Planetary Nuclear Massacre". John informed me I am mentioned a number of times because of my research including finding copies of "The Brookings Report" on NASA possibly following the recommendation by Brookings to withhold information on discovering proof of ET life or artifacts. I will have Dr. Brandenburg on DMR after I read his new book.

Physicist Claims Evidence Ancient Nuclear Explosions Ended Life On Mars

Decker

If you can remember Don, ask Dr. Brandenberg what could have happened to the Martian atmosphere ? Is there any scientific validation for a possible asteroid strike to take out a breathable atmosphere ? i'm sure a sizeable asteroid impact would throw all knids of debris into the atmosphere, but i question if either a massive asteroiod strike and/or nuclear attack would lay waste to an atmosphere.

'...“I believe that after a nuclear war broke out on Mars. The surviving Martian race emigrated to the Earth, building the Pyramids and Sphinx to represent the features on mars so that when we were intelligent enough we might discover that there was once a thriving powerful E.T race on mars..."

If those are indeed above ground buildings on Mars and if John's theory were true then i suppose you'd have to argue that in order for this colony to be able to immigrate and inhabit earth and actively work it, including building structures like the pyramids and the sphinx, then it would follow the Martian atmosphere must have been very close to earth's atmosphere at the time of this supposed immigration.

from universetoday.com

"...There are two major reasons why the climate on Mars is hostile to life as we know it. Temperatures on Mars can dip down to -87 degrees C, and rarely get above 0 degrees C. But the biggest issue is the lack of an atmosphere. The atmosphere of Mars is less than 1% the thickness of Earth’s atmosphere. Furthermore, it’s made up of 95% carbon dioxide – this is poisonous for us humans to breathe...

That is of course in today's terms but if dispossed Martians were responsible for building the Egyptian structures i would think there would be evidence of ancient housing structures on Earth that that were built by an unknown race. If those pictures were of structures on Mars and they withstood a nuclear attack i figure there engineering was top notch. shouldn't there by evidence of OTHER structures here on Earth besides a couple of massive structures? I guess what i'm getting at was if these structures were built by Martians and there is no evidence of structures ( including housing) a lot older than these structures that have an unknown origin then any immigration here would have to be about the time of the pyramid and sphinx building ( or they camped outside a lot) which means that as recent as 7000 B.C + or - Mars had an atmosphere suitable for life.

Last edited:
It could also be the case that whatever remnant of an ancient population might have escaped Mars and come to Earth in some remote epoch found a daunting environment and required lengths of time just to gain a foothold in it. In the meantime wouldn't they be forced 'backward' in their lifestyle, to existence occupied almost entirely with day to day survival (living in huts, e.g.) -- and for a long period of time. They might have had to almost reinvent themselves as a 'people' (much as remnants of our population would likely have to do after a nuclear holocaust or other major catastrophe). In reinventing themselves from the ground up, so to speak, might they not have turned to and held on to elements of whatever cultural context remained with them mentally (consciously and unconsciously) from their own deep past (pyramids and their significance, for example)?

well, i don't want to get too deep in this type of thought because it makes my head hurt, but it in as much as this civilization got to earth somehow, it would have to be pretty advanced. while their raw materials may be in short supply ( and perhaps their technology advancents and equipment ) the knowledge wouldn't be, and i would think this aspect would negate any other inconviences.

wade, how would a 1000 ets stranded here recreate their advanced technologies, they would within a decade be living a medieval life, pretty much the same as the romans, who also made the most of their enviroment imo.
You need big numbers of people to live an advanced existence, their technical expertise would die with the first generation stranded, gone, how would you teach kids about non existent highly advanced technology, when the kid is cutting wood with an axe made of salvaged metal from the craft his grand-parents arrived in, just to keep warm.

Even if they lived on the craft/s they arrived in, it would be only until the power ran out.

Heres one, how many people would it take all dumped on an island, and all engineers.

They have to make a radio, thats all one radio message to get home, they are abandoned on the island with nothing.

How many ?.
How long ?.

Last edited:
Obviously I can't come up with a historical perspective to bolster my feelings but it's one thing to travel to a new world and be on the same planet and one thing for a trip across the solar system. We can't really use our own historical perspectives/template here because any colonization that we are aware of is just our own experiences and we had very limited technological knowledge at the time. The only parameters we can relate to like the American colonies and Australian colonization wouldn't apply because they did it on wooden ships not vessels capable of interplanetary travel. I just can't picture a race as advanced as one capable of interstellar travel AND colonization leaving just a couple of stone monoliths as evidence that there may have spent some length of time here. As far as their make up that's one thing that couldn't be reliably determined. i guess if there was some kind of catastrophe they could be limited in numbers and did they go after here ? Why would anyone want to leave Earth? Were they ran off from here as well ? Was the rise of man too much for them? I suppose you could take a position that they are still here and they are the ones buzzing across our skies, and they went underground.

Last edited:
I suppose you could take a position that they are still here and they are the ones buzzing across our skies, and they went underground.

Didnt think of that.

I also didnt think about hedging your bets, i.e. living in space permanently, it would be easier, and as a race looking to survive, all the eggs are in many different baskets.

In the end i'd like to hear John Put His theory into a time frame. Also according to the link that Don posted there is a measurable amount of xenon 129 in the atmosphere. According to a Wikipedia link has a half life of 15.7 million years. If it can be reasonably determined how "complete"...sorry can't think of a better word to use...the current xenon 129 isotopes in the Martian atmosphere now it could be determined when this event took place.

Here is the smoking gun evidence I found out how NASA fudged images taken by the Curiosity rover

I found these two images that for a moment seemed like there is an object or rock on the martian landscape that has moved from one place to another.

I looked a second time and then it occurred to me that the rock has not moved but has been moved by NASA obviously to cover up something in the weird landscape of the picture.

My point is NASA claims recently, the curiosity rover is now on autonomous mode and that the RAW images are original pictures so then are we to assume some rocks moved on their own?

Check out for yourself.

FRAME 1 Before the object / Rock was Moved ( Original Source JPL, NASA ) Bottom Left section

Frame1.jpg

FRAME 2 After the Object / Rock was moved (Original Source JPL, NASA ) Top Right Section

Frame2.jpg

And in the following picture there is complete distortion of the face like structure as also the object that moved with other rocks more or less remaining the same. This is getting weird. Original Source JPL/NASA

0388MR1599026000E1_DXXX_a2.jpg

I believe on careful observation the above picture is not as distorted as I thought it is as the last picture is taken from a distant angle whereas the first two are more closeups.

Yet one particular robotic looking object on the bottom left certainly seems to have moved.

Last edited:
I don't buy this and I doubt any serious Mars scientist does either. From what I've read, Mars had already lost the bulk of its atmosphere by about 3.8 billion years ago, around the end of the Noachian or start of the Hesperian. The evidence is a reduction in erosion rates. Since the Noachian there's been virtually no perceptible erosion on Mars, attesting to near-lack of atmosphere. (See e.g. Carr Water on Mars). With its atmosphere already gone by c 3.8 billion years ago, Mars has remained frozen and inhospitable ever since. As Carr pointed out, and I reiterated in my blog( Starman's Future Visions ) Martian outflow channels are NOT evidence of a past, "warm, wet Mars." Since the planet has been frozen virtually from the start, it's inconceivable that an intelligent race and civilization arose there. Life couldn't have gotten started on the surface let alone evolved to an advanced state.
But for those who've read the book I have a question: What is Brandenburg's take on UFOs? I understand he mentions Streiber and Friedman. Logically, if he attributes the Fermi paradox (i.e. "lack of visitors" or proof of ET) to sterility via widespread nuking, he presumably dismisses UFO reports. But is that true??

I don't buy this and I doubt any serious Mars scientist does either. From what I've read, Mars had already lost the bulk of its atmosphere by about 3.8 billion years ago, around the end of the Noachian or start of the Hesperian. As Carr pointed out, and I reiterated in my blog( Starman's Future Visions ) Martian outflow channels are NOT evidence of a past, "warm, wet Mars." Since the planet has been frozen virtually from the start, it's inconceivable that an intelligent race and civilization arose there. Life couldn't have gotten started on the surface let alone evolved to an advanced state.
But for those who've read the book I have a question: What is Brandenburg's take on UFOs? I understand he mentions Streiber and Friedman. Logically, if he attributes the Fermi paradox (i.e. "lack of visitors" or proof of ET) to sterility via widespread nuking, he presumably dismisses UFO reports. But is that true??

Two things Trajanus, number one is read his book. If you knew anything about Brandenburg you would not have asked his position on the UFO topic. He is an expert on Mars, another thing you may have picked up if you bothered to research who and what he is.

Decker

Got cha, "my mind is made up do not confuse me with facts."

Decker

LOL, Stan Friedman's old retort. In this case though, I'm sure the bulk of Mars scientists can cite ample facts to dismiss the notion of a habitable Mars. I already mentioned evidence for frozen, nearly airless conditions since the Noachian. Knowledgeable observers reject the notion of an indigenous Martian civilization. Brandenburg either got way out of his depth, or--probably more likely--is putting out disinfo.

LOL, Stan Friedman's old retort. In this case though, I'm sure the bulk of Mars scientists can cite ample facts to dismiss the notion of a habitable Mars. I already mentioned evidence for frozen, nearly airless conditions since the Noachian. Knowledgeable observers reject the notion of an indigenous Martian civilization. Brandenburg either got way out of his depth, or--probably more likely--is putting out disinfo.

Say Dude, our chat is done. You already said you didn't want to waste your time reading what Brandenburg had to say ... so yeah ... your mind is made up and we don't want to disturb your little safe area with any disturbing facts.

Decker

Any space-faring civilization that could move from one planet to another would leave other archaeological evidence throughout the solar system. Are there other locations that this ancient civilization is presumed to have explored, perhaps leaving footprints or artifacts that NASA could look for? Any anomalous satellites drifting out there?

Please do not say the moon. I have seen the pictures of lunar mysteries, and I know you will be unhappy with me when I say that not a single one of them looks unusual to me and cannot be explained as natural phenomena.

If this group built the pyramids, you'd think that they'd leave evidence of this history in the hieroglyphics. Is that something Brandenburg addresses?

It's an interesting idea and I hesitate to dismiss it out of hand, but straightaway it does sound pretty outrageous.

Back