• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Download Deep Analysis: Frightening Conclusion by Aaron Kaplan

Interesting reading, i am about half way thru.. had to force myself to continue reading after the reptilian references...

i am at pg 98 and and you are pretty much right on with that statement. shapeshifters and and all... i am surprised i am still reading it...

wow.. i finished this book and i am at a loss for words. some of it makes sense and some of it it pure woo woo... i think.

After listening to the show, 2 conclusions, I'll pass on the book, and two, this is the new leader for the worst show ever award.

Holy crap! Gene and Chris have WAY more patience with this guy than I would. I'm about halfway through the episode and this guy still hasn't given any evidence for where he is getting this information. Chris is right though, it would make a fascinating sci-fi novel.

Holy crap! Gene and Chris have WAY more patience with this guy than I would. I'm about halfway through the episode and this guy still hasn't given any evidence for where he is getting this information. Chris is right though, it would make a fascinating sci-fi novel.

Wait till you hear the final segment, but it's more fun if you go through the whole episode first. :)

Wait till you hear the final segment, but it's more fun if you go through the whole episode first. :)

I have to say Gene, it was a fun show to listen too. The guy is full of baloney, but it was still a fun lsiten. To hear him stutter and come up with these WILD things, and to hear you and Chris groaning and struggling to be patient with the guy was very entertaining.
I did learn a lot. Nothing worth anything, but still learned a lot.

....Has this man been treated yet by any psychological entity? Psychiatrists, Psychologists ?

Now, there is no need to be unkind. Besides, I doubt there is a diagnostic code for credulity.

I loved the repeated exchanges where Gene and Chris would ask for a reference for something Mr. Kaplan would declare as fact and be told it couldn't be found. I haven't listened to it yet, but Mr. Kaplan was interviewed by Red-Ice Radio recently. I wonder how that went?

'Unkind'...? ok.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

A FUCKING CITY OF CRYSTRALS, THE GOVERNMENT IS COVERING UP OPERATION HIGH JUMP. Yes, this is the craziest guest ever.

Unfortunately, there are people who believe this stuff.

My only defense is curiosity: I went to the same high school Kaplan did, and I didn't turn out that way (at least I hope not). His last name is the same as my wife's maiden name, and he has a background as an aerospace engineer; the latter ought to provide the ingredients for a logical mind, but clearly something went wrong.

Call it comedy relief.

This is great. Chris just said "you got my head spinning around brother!" Too funny. I started laughing out loud listening to this. You guys are princes for putting up with this guy. Bless you!

I must say I really enjoyed this show! I didn't have a clue what Aaron was going on about for most of the show but it was very entertaining anyway. It seems like this 'author' is a member of the 'Church of the Unified Conspiracy Theory' as I like to call it. This sort of bunk seems popular these days - David Icke fans have a tendency to throw everything into the pot too. I was banned from his forum, hopefully I fare better here!;)

I think Mr. Kaplan has 'drawn a long bow' as the Aussies say, but found several references on Wikipedia for "Operation Highjump" which look promising. They indicate that the operation was just a typical exploratory expedition of those days under the direction of Adm. Byrd.

Also, the camera he kept referring to was called a "Trimetrogon" camera (I found it hard to hear exactly how Mr Kaplan pronounced it). Air & Space magazine had a write up on the U2 mentioning it. There are other references to this kind of camera in factual articles on the Internet. Aparently this was the preferred way of doing cartography back then.

I'm still looking up references for his other claims, the more outlandish being without hope of ever finding any 'documentation'.

Back