• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

DMR and "Death On Mars"

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
On Weds. December 3 I will host Dr. John Brandenburg, author of "Death On Mars, a Planetary Nuclear Massacre" on Dark Matters Radio. Reading this book, I was amazed at what I learned about things I thought I "knew" about JPL and NASA! It promises to be a genuine "barn burner!" DMR starts at 10:00 PM Pacific Standard Time .. only on CyberstationUSA! Go to www.dqrm.com

DeathMars.jpg

Decker

Ryan Seacrest is the guy who took over for Dick Clark on the Times Square New Year's Eve countdown, and no, you're not missing a damn thing. :)

I spoke with John Brandenburg last evening and he is looking forward to tonights show, the first one he will do in connection to his book "Death On Mars." He promised some insight into how both JPL and NASA have conducted themselves in reference to discoveries on the red planet. DMR will start beginning at 10:00 PM Pacific time on CyberstationUSA. Go to CyberStationUSA - An Innovation in Online Broadcasting | CyberStationUSA.com

Decker

@Decker. I misread. I thought your announcement said on Dec 31! (New Years Eve) When it says on Dec 3. I

I thought the timing was unusual. had i read it right i would have posted a question or two I brought up in a similar thread. I'll see if i can track those down.

Last edited:
Okay, now I understand your reference to Ryan Seacrest. When I first read it I had no clue why you would mention him but I get it now!

Decker

Hi Don,
Question : Dr Brandenburg what's your thoughts on Professor Stephen Hawkings comment regarding "AI "could threaten human species in future and could a similar event in Mars past history been the cause of its destruction for example " AI Terminator "theory?

Q.2 Dr Brandenburg over year Ufology have had some great researchers such as late Police Officer Mr Larrrence Fawcett and Mr Barry Greenwood great book 'The UFO Cover -UP (1984) on pp 28-29 they discuss eyewitness account of two individuals who experince a odd event where their vehicle is taken over by a unknown force which effects the car motor and electronics . What's your thoughts speculating could do this and could this be AI effect already interfering with humanity ?

Would you ask John if there has been any attempt...or did he mention in his book...to determine how long the radioactive element xenon 129 has been in the Martian atmosphere? If we know the decay rate of this element (half life is 15.7 million years according to wikipedia) and being that there is a measurable amount in the atmosphere it shouldn't be too hard to determine at what stage the traces are at, to better determine how when this radioactive war could have occured.

Last edited:
Hi Don,
Question : Dr Brandenburg what's your thoughts on Professor Stephen Hawkings comment regarding "AI "could threaten human species in future and could a similar event in Mars past history been the cause of its destruction for example " AI Terminator "theory?

Q.2 Dr Brandenburg over year Ufology have had some great researchers such as late Police Officer Mr Larrrence Fawcett and Mr Barry Greenwood great book 'The UFO Cover -UP (1984) on pp 28-29 they discuss eyewitness account of two individuals who experince a odd event where their vehicle is taken over by a unknown force which effects the car motor and electronics . What's your thoughts speculating could do this and could this be AI effect already interfering with humanity ?

Okay, got it.

Decker

Would you ask John if there has been any attempt...or did he mention in his book...to determine how long the radioactive element xenon 129 has been in the Martian atmosphere? If we know the decay rate of this element (half life is 15.7 million years according to wikipedia) and being that there is a measurable amount in the atmosphere it shouldn't be too hard to determine to determine at what stage the traces are at, to better determine how when this radioactive war could have occured.

Okay, got this one too.

Decker

Last minute edit, it would be interesting to hear when this war took place in context of when the earth colony could have existed I.e. was there a gradual colonization or was it an exodus.

If i recall he speculated that this colony could have responsible for building the pyramids and sphinx. That's fairly recent in earth/msrtian history. I'm thinking if there's was a Martian colony on earth at that time there would be more to show for it in terms of other evidence.

Last edited:
I was caught completely off guard...maybe even floored...when the civilization in question was described as being bronze age or even pre-Mayan ( if i heard right) as that maybe put into context their alleged prescence here, the connection between the colony and the things he used as evidence to their colonization and why this colony could have disppeared. It makes the things that manxman and Constance pointed out in another thread quite likely. BUT if this the way it went down it brings some more questions into play. Like how in hell did this Martian race get here? If another race took the time to bring them here did they just then leave this colony to it's fate to foster or die? If this race was worth saving in the first place, would not it be worthwhile preserving it and see to it that it kept going, otherwise what's the point ? Was there a implications that this colony existed in the guise under another more "earthly" civilization? Lastly, given this civilization was possibly Bronze age this wasn't a war, it was a massacre, a genocide. Who the hell would want to decimate a whole race that was still into subsistence farming? I can't see that they would pose any threat to a race that had hydrogen bombs, so why the overkill? also if it was mentioned i missed it but I'd still like to know what happened to this atmosphere, could this be destroyed just because of an H bomb the size of the Empire State building?
Again with the caveat of having missed the firdt quarter of the show from what I understood last night that this event this race just was gone in the blink of an eye, they seemed to be no mention of an earthly colony, did I misinterpret something from the other thread that these issues were brought up?

Unless I'm completely missing something this scenario brings in a truck full of other questions, but then i did miss the first 15-20 minutes.Don were any of these issues brought up in the book? If so, please just say yes or no. Don't tell me how they were dealt with. If they were reasonably answered...However one wants to define reasonably... it would be enough to purchase it , if not I think I'll wait till his next appearance and email in these questions. I hope I didn't completely miss the whole point and take up your time here with irrelevant questions.

Also i take it we can add John's name to the list of "alarmists"(?) regarding the threat of A.I. to humanity.

Last edited:
I was caught completely off guard...maybe even floored...when the civilization in question was described as being bronze age or even pre-Mayan ( if i heard right) as that maybe put into context their alleged prescence here, the connection between the colony and the things he used as evidence to their colonization and why this colony could have disppeared. It makes the things that manxman and Constance pointed out in another thread quite likely. BUT if this the way it went down it brings some more questions into play. Like how in hell did this Martian race get here? If another race took the time to bring them here did they just then leave this colony to it's fate to foster or die? If this race was worth saving in the first place, would not it be worthwhile preserving it and see to it that it kept going, otherwise what's the point ? Was there a implications that this colony existed in the guise under another more "earthly" civilization? Lastly, given this civilization was possibly Bronze age this wasn't a war, it was a massacre, a genocide. Who the hell would want to decimate a whole race that was still into subsistence farming? I can't see that they would pose any threat to a race that had hydrogen bombs, so why the overkill? also if it was mentioned i missed it but I'd still like to know what happened to this atmosphere, could this be destroyed just because of an H bomb the size of the Empire State building?
Again with the caveat of having missed the firdt quarter of the show from what I understood last night that this event this race just was gone in the blink of an eye, they seemed to be no mention of an earthly colony, did I misinterpret something from the other thread that these issues were brought up?

Okay, what he proposes is that this alleged race on Mars were very primitive, and there wasn't any Earth colony ... Earth barely had amphibians then. After the event that happened (nuclear?) Mars debris from the event then rained down on Earth. Meteors etc. bringing organisms from Mars to Earth. Some believe this then brought the explosion of life on Earth that Earth experienced.

Unless I'm completely missing something this scenario brings in a truck full of other questions, but then i did miss the first 15-20 minutes.Don were any of these issues brought up in the book? If so, please just say yes or no. Don't tell me how they were dealt with. If they were reasonably answered...However one wants to define reasonably... it would be enough to purchase it , if not I think I'll wait till his next appearance and email in these questions. I hope I didn't completely miss the whole point and take up your time here with irrelevant questions.

Yes, the book does go into these areas and I do recommend you read it.

Also i take it we can add John's name to the list of "alarmists"(?) regarding the threat of A.I. to humanity.

If you are asking if he thinks AI could be a problem, I believe the answer is yes, he does.

odd question what makes this gentleman's claims any different from Bara's and Hogland's? dose he have evidence beside fuzzy pics to back up his claim?

Don I value your reputation and work highly I will buy his book and evaluate his claims. Do forgive me in a feild dominated by hogland and bara it's hard to think about someone having a credible theroy on mars

Back