• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Disc-shaped objects containing ‘Tungsten” found in Russia

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[I stumbled on this intriguing story that appears somewhat legit. It'll be interesting to see the results of testing, etc That is, it these objects containing " tungsten" are real and not just another Internet non-story.—chris]

By Helen Cassan Dra/Time Green
Article and more photos HERE:

More news from Russia as researchers in Volgograd have discovered over a dozen of disk-shaped objects, including one which has over four meters in diameter. According to experts, these “Alien” disc-shaped rocks contain tungsten, a high-density metal used in military technology.

Tugnsten, aka “wolfram“ is remarkable for its robustness, especially the fact that it has the highest melting point of all the elements. Tungsten’s hardness and high density give it military applications in penetrating projectiles.

russian disc.jpg

The group responsible for the discovery was Kosmopoisk, according to a Russian website, Kosmopoisk is a Russian UFO and cryptozoology research group that was performing excavations in the district of Zhirnovsky, Volgograd. While researchers have stumbled upon disc-shaped rocks in the past, this is the first time a disc-shaped rock with such proportions was unearthed.

“We had already found over a dozen of these discs, most of them had a diameter of around one meter, at Kuzbass we unearthed a disc-shaped object with a diameter of nearly two meters, but this new ‘giant’ disc shaped rock is unique and impressive,” said Vadim Chernobrov, who was in charge of the excavation.

The shape of the four-meter disc, which is extremely similar to modern-day interpretations of UFO’s has given UFO hunters and Ufologists a lot to talk about. Scott Waring, editor of ufosightingsdaily.com believes that the discovery of this mysterious disc-shaped rock is the ultimate evidence of extraterrestrial visitations in the past, and that its composition is what makes it unique, since it is made of tungsten, which is used in military technology today.

Beyond speculations about the nature of the mysterious objects that have been unearthed, the newly found disk-shaped “UFO” has been transported to the Zhirnovsky museum, where scientists are studying it trying to find out its age and the exact composition of the material’s it is made from. However many people remains skeptical about the objects suggesting that these could be the result of natural erosion and are not the result of ‘alien beings’ visiting Earth in the distant past.

Earlier this year, another mysterious disc shaped object was discovered in Russia by a mining company near the city of Belovo located in the Kuznetsk Basin. The mysterious 1.2 meter disc was located a t depth of 40 meters suggesting that it could be very old. Archaeologists performed several tests and concluded that this perfectly circular 1.2 meter disc was something made by man in the distant past.

Is it possible that these mysterious objects are “monuments” created by ancient man? Representations of what they had seen in the past? Or is it possible as skeptics suggest, that these disk-shaped objects are the product of natural erosion?

If they are the result of natural erosion… how would you explain the large amounts of tungsten? These disc shaped objects will certainly continue to fuel the debate among UFO hunters, Ufologists and skeptics. We look forward to finding out more about the objects after experts analyze them in the Zhirnovsky museum in Russia.

I saw this picture a while back and didn't give it any credence. Thought is was just "another internet hoax". So thanks for posting this Chris, very interesting indeed.

Will look forward to more info

Last edited:
That's pretty interesting. I have had a theory that alien craft wouldn't necessarily conform to our cultural and technological prejudice.
I had the idea that a ufo may look like a stone pot instead of a metal saucer. If they used materials in a manner more akin to our earth cultures of antiquity.
Totally conjecture.:p

That's pretty interesting. I have had a theory that alien craft wouldn't necessarily conform to our cultural and technological prejudice.
I had the idea that a ufo may look like a stone pot instead of a metal saucer. If they used materials in a manner more akin to our earth cultures of antiquity.
Totally conjecture.:p
Exactly so. :) I am intrigued with the idea of space-distortion that comes up in various science fiction scenarios and even popped up in Harry Potter with the magical tents. Doctor Who's famous police box comes to mind. (BTW was that police box always so commodious inside from the early episodes in the 1960's?)

What would be the physics of such a space-distortion? Thinking this through, it would have to entail consciousness and something akin to 'stepping-through' into somewhere else, like something 'parallel' or dimension-like.

When it comes to that, this whole business of 'flying around' is very much a "technological prejudice" - I like your phrase. Given the humongous physical distances in the known universe, it seems more likely that communication and travel in such a universe would take place in a radically different form than some kind of variation of a physical 'aeroplane' writ larger. ;) I am reminded of Jules Verne's visions - those machines always looked very Victorian, and variations of sailing ships.

However, such travel would have to entail consciousness imo. Which then brings up - why would such an advanced civilization of beings be interested in visiting a place that still employs physical modes of locomotion? Weekend get-away? :) But even that is a projection.

The whole idea of alien visitation - it's modes and purposes - are us projecting our cultural biases. Our bias that they are advanced spacemen is no more 'advanced' than the native islander thinking there are cloud gods. Just different is all.

Exactly so. :) I am intrigued with the idea of space-distortion that comes up in various science fiction scenarios and even popped up in Harry Potter with the magical tents. Doctor Who's famous police box comes to mind. (BTW was that police box always so commodious inside from the early episodes in the 1960's?)

What would be the physics of such a space-distortion? Thinking this through, it would have to entail consciousness and something akin to 'stepping-through' into somewhere else, like something 'parallel' or dimension-like.

When it comes to that, this whole business of 'flying around' is very much a "technological prejudice" - I like your phrase. Given the humongous physical distances in the known universe, it seems more likely that communication and travel in such a universe would take place in a radically different form than some kind of variation of a physical 'aeroplane' writ larger. ;) I am reminded of Jules Verne's visions - those machines always looked very Victorian, and variations of sailing ships.

However, such travel would have to entail consciousness imo. Which then brings up - why would such an advanced civilization of beings be interested in visiting a place that still employs physical modes of locomotion? Weekend get-away? :) But even that is a projection.

The whole idea of alien visitation - it's modes and purposes - are us projecting our cultural biases. Our bias that they are advanced spacemen is no more 'advanced' than the native islander thinking there are cloud gods. Just different is all.
The TARDIS was as big in the '60s, but the console room was studio set-sized. I actually recommend the Pertwee-era episodes..my second favorite Doctor behind Tom Baker.

Back