• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Derek Acorah

Ladylemon

Paranormal Novice
Three cheers for Derek- quite simply the best medium I have had the pleasure to come across... despite what any sceptic might say!

Long live, Derek.

Regards,

LL x

Thanks for the reply... nonetheless, Derek is without doubt, quite a genuine and talented medium- far from the fake that certain lecturing individuals like to claim. Even if one should cast thoughts within earshot, there is nothing to prevent a talented negative soul from utilizing this information and thereafter manifesting it accordingly: namely in fooling one into believing the negative soul really is of a name which is not genuine. This is no more than a classic case of a talented soul being hoodwinked by a sceptic hell bent on disproving his talents, because he will never have enough faith or belief to see them otherwise.

Long live Derek... those who believe in you need never doubt otherwise.

LL x

Ladylemon said:
Even if one should cast thoughts within earshot, there is nothing to prevent a talented negative soul from utilizing this information and thereafter manifesting it accordingly: namely in fooling one into believing the negative soul really is of a name which is not genuine. This is no more than a classic case of a talented soul being hoodwinked by a sceptic hell bent on disproving his talents, because he will never have enough faith or belief to see them otherwise.

Uhm, that sort of circular logic is far from convincing or compelling. I read the linked report, and it certainly looks like this fellow is a sham. Faith and belief are for the weak-minded, are no replacements for reason and logic, and have precious little to do with understanding the paranormal realm. And I see that your first post above denigrates the term "skeptic", puts it forth as someone who refuses to "believe". Well, then, I'm PROUD to be a skeptic, it means that I'm actually using my intellectual abilities to analyze and comprehend that which stokes my curiosity, and deductive reasoning to chip away at the noise and nonsense, in order to get closer to an actual understanding.

dB

Ladylemon said:
Thanks for the reply... nonetheless, Derek is without doubt, quite a genuine and talented medium- far from the fake that certain lecturing individuals like to claim. Even if one should cast thoughts within earshot, there is nothing to prevent a talented negative soul from utilizing this information and thereafter manifesting it accordingly: namely in fooling one into believing the negative soul really is of a name which is not genuine. This is no more than a classic case of a talented soul being hoodwinked by a sceptic hell bent on disproving his talents, because he will never have enough faith or belief to see them otherwise.

Long live Derek... those who believe in you need never doubt otherwise.

LL x

This is an example of "true believer syndrome".

True-believer syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or Derek Acorah pretending to be someone else.

Paranormal Packrat, in reply to article on Derek Acorah... "This is an example of "true believer syndrome".

Clearly, our chum packrat is far from a believer, or obscurity would need not have been sown in a reply. Long live, Derek.

Regards,

LL x

I'm sorry, but Derek Acorah is a charlatan. He's a show man, not a true sensitive. I wrote something about him on one of my blogs a while ago, after he did a TV show about hauntings in my home city of Swansea, in South Wales. He basically took a well-known local story, and twisted it to suit his own ends. Here's part of my post:

I've long suspected that this show is nothing but hyped up balderdash. On Tuesday night, my suspicions were confirmed. I rarely watch the show, because it simply does not convince me. Neither does Derek Acorah.

Tuesday night's episode has probably been aired on Living a billion times by now. However, it was the first time I'd seen it. The team were visiting Swansea.

Now don't get me wrong. I believe all the members of the public were sincere, and had genuinely experienced something that scared them witless. I was especially interested in the experiences of Pie Williams, the owner of High Street's tattoo studio. Someone I know used to live above that shop, and even though I only visited once or twice, I immediately picked up a weird atmosphere. A lot of people I know who have lived above different businesses in High Street, have had similar issues.

However, I realised just how much sensationalism and manipulation goes into making a show like this, when Acorah, and a local historian on the show's payroll, decided to link the murder of showgirl Mamie Stewart with the room above the tattoo shop. Mamie Stewart resided in Caswell. Her body was discovered in a cave at Brandy Cove. So what did George Shotton, her presumed killer do? Did he drag her all the way to High Street, kill her, dismember her and then haul her remains back to Gower on a handcart? I don't think so.

If this kind of tenuous, manipulative link can be made in the Swansea programme, what about other locations? They must be equally filled with reconfigured facts. Do they not realise that local people will spot such "artistic licence"? This reduces the whole show to near-charlatanry for me.

As for Derek Acorah, who's he kidding? He may have a genuine gift for all I know, but he's such a drama queen. Anyone who gets taken in by him, needs to have their credibility threshold raised. "Ooh! Ooh! He's got me ankles". Yeah, right. I felt my leg being tugged quite vigorously, too.

The murder of Mamie Stuart occurred in 1919, before the building he referred to was ever built. She lived in a tiny coastal community several miles outside the city. Her dismembered body was found, many years later, stuffed in a cave on a beach very close to her home. Yet somehow Acorah decided she'd been murdered in the tattoo studio. This was a pure work of fiction on his part. Don't believe a word he says.

Back