• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

December 18, 2016 — Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
A rare appearance by a credentialed scientist with a very down-to-earth view of cryptozoology.

But is he possibly ignoring some of the "high strangeness" aspects of this mystery? That's something Chris talks about at length on the accompanying episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+.

For more information about our premium subscription service, please visit:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Gene, I believe the 2nd half of the show is from "The Tech Night Owl Live" (from the free GNC download)
Yes, they swapped the last segment from the second hour with the tech show (and vice versa). I've created fixed versions that has been posted on our site, so it should be OK. The Paracast+ version without the ads comes from my repository, so it's also OK.

I'll alert the network to the case of scrambled eggs so they can fix their archives. But it won't happen right away.

Is there anyone left who still believes the 1967 ‘Bigfoot’ film footage is real? It's real footage of a real guy in a real Bigfoot suit, there's nothing fake about it.
I tend to agree, but Medrum thinks otherwise, and that was a surprise. It throws his credibility into question. Similarly it also throws the confession into question. But IMO we don't need a scientist to tell us which claim is more likely to be true. The Patterson film doesn't qualify as scientifically valid material evidence, and therefore it's insufficient as evidence to form a scientific conclusion. As a consequence, for a scientist to say that he believes it represents a genuine Bigfoot, betrays significant bias and moves his work into the realm of pseudoscience. That being said, I still enjoyed the interview, and not everything he said should be arbitrarily dismissed.

Last edited:
Yeah but, as he mentioned, the trackway stood up to rigorous analysis, the two together are what impressed him.
Maybe he's a little too easily impressed.
And please try not to be so sniffy, Randall...
Careful. There's more pies where the other ones came from :p .

BigfootXmas-01a.jpg

When Meldrum said someone claimed a young Bigfoot-Human Hybrid was "buried up
there on the hill", why didn't anyone think to ask? Where exactly? And why hasn't it
been exhumed? It seems that such a find would be at the top of the priority list.

BTW: Loved the ATP banter. There is a freaky paranormal aspect to the subject
that makes it even more interesting to me. Similar to Vallée's comment on how he
would be disappointed if UFOs are just spaceships. I'd be similarly disappointed
if Bigfoot turned out to be just another naturally evolved hominid.

Last edited:
Great show, fellas! It's always refreshing to hear someone who knows what he or she is talking about speaking freely. Like most of us here, I have long admired Dr. Meldrum's courage in confronting the evidence head on, as an adult and a real scientist should. I'm also glad to hear the aerial search program is still alive. That's a very interesting avenue of research. I would suggest adding the capability of dropping jars of peanut butter when large creatures are detected. Might get some interesting video! (I'm kidding, of course, though it pains me to feel like I have to point it out.)

I see the constant second-guessing of the people who actually do real investigations is still a popular waste of time on the interwebs. Yeah, I'm sure it never crossed anyone's mind when the story of the supposed hybrid buried up there on the hill came to their attention, to ask about the specifics. Yikes.

I see the constant second-guessing of the people who actually do real investigations is still a popular waste of time on the interwebs. Yeah, I'm sure it never crossed anyone's mind when the story of the supposed hybrid buried up there on the hill came to their attention, to ask about the specifics. Yikes.
Well, nobody on the show did ask did they? By all means correct me if I'm wrong and ID the time. Or because you seem to think it's been answered at least someplace, how about a link? I'd like to know the answer. Wouldn't you?

Last edited:
Medrum's expertise with really made this a great show and his expertise with the scientific aspects made for some interesting observations. I though he had an interesting take on the PG footage and I listened to part of this episode again with my elderly mom in the car today. She likes Meldrum, too.

Can we all just acknowledge that Randall is the resident curmudgeon?

i'm so gutted to have missed this i only jus recently got round to listen on iTunes i was rather hoping for an explanation on Todd Standing and to see where he fitted in to Dr Meldrums research.(if it was on there i missed it).

but very informative and nice to hear him give more of a hypothsis and look forward to his expeditions in the field.

Back