• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

December 11, 2016 — Nick Redfern

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The irrepressible Nick Redfern is back for a lengthy discussion of the "Women in Black" and other weird visitors.

As you might tell from listening, we had lots of fun with this episode.

We also briefly discuss the latest online personality conflicts in the UFO field, and continue that discussion on this weekend's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+.

Sign up for the holidays here: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

I Always enjoy Nick Redfern's appearances. I've never had a WIB encounter, but the first time I ever heard the phrase used, was when the girlfriend of the back-stabbing bass player in my band decided to dress-up as one. This was in the early 1990s. One of the band's tunes was about the MIB, and it had been the inspiration for her costume. Prior to then I'd only heard about these fascinating creatures in the context of witches or religious representatives, and in this song:

Lady In Black - Uriah Heep

Last edited:
Apparently Tim Beckly Knows An MIB Lady ... lol
Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

serveimage

I like Nick but I tune out a bit at the MiB subject.

It's kind of like the ufo phenomenon if all we had was stories. Every case is story after story there seems to be no pictures, no trace cases no whistle blowers etc.

At least with UFOs people like chris can work on ways to bring the mystery to light with sensors and cameras etc

MiBs just seem to be yawn yawn folk lore and no meat on the bones case wise and its just pure speculation of what maybe at the reality of it.

Happy to be corrected by the better informed on this topic

I like Nick but I tune out a bit at the MiB subject. It's kind of like the ufo phenomenon if all we had was stories. Every case is story after story there seems to be no pictures, no trace cases no whistle blowers etc. At least with UFOs people like chris can work on ways to bring the mystery to light with sensors and cameras etc MiBs just seem to be yawn yawn folk lore and no meat on the bones case wise and its just pure speculation of what maybe at the reality of it. Happy to be corrected by the better informed on this topic

You're correct, but some people find the dogma in ufology interesting, including myself. I'd say that MIB and WIB are catchall phrases. We know that FBI was actively investigating UFO cases back at the onset of the Modern Era in ufology, so some stories are probably related to those visits. The really weird stuff is a harder to explain, but I don't doubt that people have had experiences that involve them. I've encountered them twice, and let's just say, whatever they are, they're not easily forgotten.

You're correct, but some people find the dogma in ufology interesting, including myself. I'd say that MIB and WIB are catchall phrases. We know that FBI was actively investigating UFO cases back at the onset of the Modern Era in ufology, so some stories are probably related to those visits. The really weird stuff is a harder to explain, but I don't doubt that people have had experiences that involve them. I've encountered them twice, and let's just say, whatever they are, they're not easily forgotten.
Dear sir, please tell us about your MIB encounters, if you feel comfortable to do so.

Thank you, those experiences are very interesting.

Did anything happen prior to them that you think may have precipitated them?

Thank you, those experiences are very interesting. Did anything happen prior to them that you think may have precipitated them?
I have no idea about the first one, but that valley is a lot like Chris' San Luis Valley. All kinds of weird stuff happens out there. The actual visit in 1990 happened not long after I founded Ufology Society International. So maybe that had something to do with it. I dunno. In retrospect I find the shift from early era Cadillac's to K-Cars sort of funny.

I just got to this episode yesterday, and I thouroughly enjoyed it! It's one of my favorites!

Hats off to Gene and Chris… while other media hosts take the holiday season to disappear, they provide a compelling guest and keep at it.

As for the show, I love Nick's stories. I've never read one of his books, but I'm tempted after this episode.

Does anyone know if Nick's books cite a lot of sources and reference material, or does he just relate the cases?

Back