• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

David Biedny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Out of respect to David and all the pressures he's has undergone in recent months, I've largely stayed out of the discussions about the reasons for his departure. Unfortunately, some unfounded rumors have arisen about what might have happened, so I want to clear the air, although David has already said much of this in other messages in these forums.

On February 14th, I received an email from David expressing his intention to leave the show. Here's the entire text of that message:

Gene,

I hate to lay this on you today, but...

I can no longer be involved with the Paracast. The damage it's done to my life is too extensive, it's really fucked me up, and there's no way I can continue. I'm very sorry.

There's no talking me out of this, Gene. Don't even try. I've given it a LOT of thought, and there's no other alternative for me. I gave it years to gel, and all it's done is destroy what was left of my career. I can't continue. I'm sorry.

dB

I understand where David is coming from. The paranormal field can be toxic to one's peace of mind. I have taken extensive leaves of absence myself over the years for similar reasons.

But I want to take this opportunity to thank David for the common sense and supreme wisdom he brought to the show in the past few years, and I truly regret that he chose to leave in the way he did, which hurt me deeply.

There will be no more discussion of the matter on The Paracast boards, because issues of personality have nothing to do with the search for the truth about paranormal mysteries — it is the noise that drowns out the signal. The Paracast is all about moving ahead in the search of that signal, with great guests like Greg Bishop, Nick Redfern, Kevin Randle, Ted Oliphant, Christopher O'Brien, Paul Kimball, David Jacobs, Budd Hopkins, Mike MacDonald, and many more waiting in the wings. If you want to come along with the ride, then welcome aboard! If not, for whatever reason, then that's fine too, and I wish you well and thank you for listening in the past.

And now, this matter is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back