• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dancing stars in the sky my 1st experience

Ni7suj

Paranormal Novice
I have a couple very strange experiences so I will post each one differently. This one is the first experience I had that brought my attention to UFO's as a real phenomena. I was 15 years old at the time and was staying with my Father for a few weeks in the summer who was living in Yale, MI. I had always educated myself with astronomy and was familiar with the subject really well because for a while I wanted to be an astronomer. I had a telescope and even won first prize in a science fair by mapping the heavens on a poster. I was familiar with how satellites moved and knew the times to go look for them because I understood that the reason you can see them was because the light from the sun is hitting the satellites and reflecting down onto the earth where the sun has gone over the horizon. I also knew that satellites go only in one direction at a constant speed because they are essentially falling around the earth in a free fall. Now on to the event.

My Brother an I were at my Dad's house visiting and one night I was out in his back yard. I wanted to look for satellites and show my Brother because we had had a conversation about it just before we went outside. I stopped and stared at the sky for a couple of minutes then spotted one. I showed my Brother which took a minute or so for him to actually eye it. I watched it go over the horizon and looked for some more. I looked up and saw another one and showed my Brother. He saw it and then lost interest because he was 12 at the time. I watched it and as it was directly straight up above us I saw that it had suddenly stopped. I froze and thought maybe I had just lost track of it so I kept my eye dead center on what had stopped thinking I might see the satellite I had probably lost. The thing didnt' move for maybe 20 seconds then suddenly moved again but this time on a different course. I knew right then that this was not a satellite and had to be something I had never heard of before. I told my Brother that I just saw something very strange that shouldn't have happened. My Brother wasn't very interested so I kept watching it. It continued to move at a very slow pace then suddenly stopped again. At this time I was very excited because I knew this was unusual and my brain was racing to find what it could be. A bird? Well no because it was dark and a bird couldn't be that high in the sky and live and I surely wouldn't be able to see it because it would have to be huge to see that far away. Some sort of helicopter? I thought no because something that far up would have to be pressurized and practically in space. If it was in space then what would make it move like that because there is no oxygen for propulsion. At that time I knew this must be a UFO.
I yelled at my Brother to come here quickly. He came and I told him to point in the direction I am pointing. I pointed my finger at the still object and told him to point there. He couldn't see anything because it looked like a patch of sky with stars sitting there. I just told him to keep his finger there and to not move it while I run in and get Dad.
I ran in and told my Dad to come outside right now because there was something very weird going on. Dad went outside with me and I saw my Brother pointing in the sky just like I said. I went over to him and lined my sight up to his finger and eyed out the patch of sky with the stars. At this point I felt I lost the object in the stars but I was sure it would have to move again because it can't just sit there forever and I would eventually see which one it was. I told my Dad to keep looking at that patch of sky and my Brother too.

Suddenly after about 15 seconds of watching not only did the object move but 9 other "stars" that were around it moved in a circular pattern. Dad said "Whoa!" and I went "What in the world?" as my Brother said something like "Are those satellites?". I told him that satellites can't move like that and didn't really explain to him why they didn't. Then the objects all stopped at the same time and paused for about 10 seconds. Then they all moved in an outward spiral fashion all in perfect sync. The moved out for about another 10 seconds... stopped... then they all moved away from each other as if they were meeting then the meeting was over and they were going about their business. I started to lose track of them because one would stop while the others would continue moving. I think 3 of them stopped completely and I never seen them move again. The others all kept moving in a straight line until they were over the horizon all in different directions.

No sound... they were too high really for us to hear anything I think. And they all looked exactly like stars in the sky or what a satellite looks like in the sky. Both stars and satellites are similar pinpoints of white light and thats what they looked like. No color changes or anything just simple and amazing. I thought about that night ever since and still to this day have never seen anything that could fly like that. That was back in 1992 and nothing I had ever seen even today can fly like that. I assume it was in space because I assume the light I was seeing off of these things was the light from the Sun reflecting off of them. I had seen a satellite prior to it and it was right after the sun had set so the timing had to be the sun reflection. If not then they had very bright lights that could be seen from so far below. Now I figure they had to be 100 miles high... could be lower... could be higher... but I assume the light of the sun reflecting off of them had to put them in the satellite range with is usually 100 to 1000 miles up.
That being said the distance they moved at the speed they moved had to be in the thousands of miles per hour range. It looked graceful and slow from down on earth but considering the amount of sky they covered in the amount of time it took they had to be flying at the speeds of satellite orbits or higher.

That is really all I have about that experience but it changed my thoughts forever.

I will post the other instances separately.
One was what I actually learned in the Navy during a training session operating RADAR test equipment in OS-A school Virginia Beach, VA.

The other is more of a creature sighting I am not sure what it was... more of a shadow.

Oh and sorry for any typos... don't really have much time to go back over it since I am writing in my office at the moment.

Very interesting, thanks.

I will post the other instances separately.
One was what I actually learned in the Navy during a training session operating RADAR test equipment in OS-A school Virginia Beach, VA.

Now that sounds interesting.:D

Back