• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Creationist Claims Aliens Going to Hell

7581cf065ad079e9ecb542fce0c7400d.jpg

Ken Hamm is an absolute fool. I watched his "debate" with Nye and have to say he's one of the utterly most stupid people I know. He makes Christians look bad, and I'm not even a Christian any more so that's saying something from me. His take is the typical "We're the center of the universe" xenocentric position that arrogant and idiotic Christians have posed for the last 1,000 years. Sorry, this guy just rubs me the wrong way.

Ken Hamm is an absolute fool. I watched his "debate" with Nye and have to say he's one of the utterly most stupid people I know. He makes Christians look bad, and I'm not even a Christian any more so that's saying something from me. His take is the typical "We're the center of the universe" xenocentric position that arrogant and idiotic Christians have posed for the last 1,000 years. Sorry, this guy just rubs me the wrong way.

I thought maybe you were exaggerating. Then I watched the video. Personally I'm no fan of Nye, but the evidence he presented based on empirical science is so convincing that one would certainly have to be fooling themselves not to accept it as far more reasonable than the Bible. Ken presented a number of statements by scientists who say they are creationists, but all that proves is that even smart people can believe stupid ideas. I didn't have a problem with Ken's distinction between observational science, and historical science, but where he gapped out is that both are still science as opposed to religious nonsense.

One thing I will say that Ken seems to be correct about however, is that some scientists don't want to admit there's a belief aspect to science, at least when it comes to theoretical science and unproven scientific claims. One of the most glaring IMO is the belief in so-called Dark Matter. Scientists can be heard speaking about it as if it its existence is a verified fact, yet nobody has ever seen or captured any. There is no empirical evidence that it exists. There is only an inference that it exists. For all we really know, it's not matter at all, but another fundamental force of nature. Here's a video that that covers Dark Matter. Certainly there is evidence that something we don't understand is going on, but notice how the scientists speak of Dark Matter as if it's already a proven fact, when none ( zero ) has been captured and observed.

Last edited:
The power of belief has always been so fascinating to me. I mean, I doubt he himself believes in the nonsense he's spewing, but he is pandering to his particular flock of believers I'd imagine. So, with the right belief system, he makes *perfect* sense. That's his job, publicly say shit that only makes sense to a group of people because those people need a public figure to agree with them, or they would find another cult to join. People that listen to this sort of nonsense always need a cult in their lives, so he's just making sure they give money to *his* cult.

I mean, can you honestly say that, on an intellectual level, he's saying anything dumber than some of the things you hear on C2C for example? Or in any UFO conference? I don't think so at all. Belief is the greatest enemy of rationality, because it simply overrides it. You'll never arrive at the truth of anything if you believe in anything, because belief will always colour what you see, it's like having permament coloured glasses on.

One of the things that attracts me to the writings of Jung is his assertion that Christianity has lost its "mana", it's ability to tap into the spiritual side of the natural world, by virtue of failure to adapt to ever quickening changes in the collective nature of human culture. Dodos like Ham and Pat Robertson may simply be extreme examples of a much broader spiritual vacuum in western society.

I guess what really bothered me enough to post this was Kens attitude. "Humans are GODS creations made in GODS image. Any aliens are not of ADAM, so they'll burn in hell."
WTF Ken?
What's stopping those aliens from having their OWN Jesus?
How can someone like Ken even function with such a low level of brain activity?

I remember this saying from years ago...." IF RELIGIOUS PEOPLE WERE REASONABLE.............THERE WOULD BE NO RELIGION."

I guess that sums it up.

Back