• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Corso missed this alien technology application...

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Thanks to David Murphy for the head's up:

Shure microphones present: [drum roll, please...]

"KSM353 Premier Bi-directional Ribbon Microphone with Roswellite™ Ribbon Technology

The KSM353 is a premium bi-directional ribbon microphone crafted for pristine audio in studio and concert hall applications. Proprietary Roswellite™ technology provides revolutionary ribbon resilience and durability under extreme conditions. Hand assembled in the USA from state-of-the art transducers, transformers and metals as the pinnacle of Shure quality for prestigious vocal and acoustic performances.

The high-tensile strength, toughness and shape memory of Roswellite™ ribbon material replaces traditional foil ribbons for superior resilience at extreme SPLs."

Oh my! I wonder what Neuman or Sennheiser has to say about this latest advancement in microphone technology?

If anyone doubts that "Roswell" has become a supermeme in culture please, try and convince me otherwise…

Fiber-optics and transistors are regularly dragged out as evidence to support UFO crash retrievals and Corso's claims. Fiber-optics go back to the late 19th century and transistors were invented (or proof of concept...I forget) in the 20s.

Fiber-optics and transistors are regularly dragged out as evidence to support UFO crash retrievals and Corso's claims. Fiber-optics go back to the late 19th century and transistors were invented (or proof of concept...I forget) in the 20s.

Yes, there is a clear trail for the development of most of our technology.

The "sudden" appearance of high tech is not mysterious. It is common for both natural and cultural evolutionary processes to appear to lurch forward suddenly when some critical mass is reached. Think of a barn-raising... nothing appears to happen for a long time as the components are constructed flat against the ground and then voila, they are raised to form a structure in a single brief event.

Before modernity, people were slowly working out mathematics and philosophy for millennia. Before the Cambrian explosion, cells were evolving all kinds of signaling pathways and complex regulatory systems that were precursors of multicellularity.

I'm with David... if we do have artifacts we probably have no clue how they work any more than an ancient Roman natural philosopher would be able to reverse engineer the computer I'm using right now.

Anyone able to come here from the stars, from another dimension, etc. would probably be manipulating matter at the quantum scale and producing... well... devices would not even be the right word... think materials with seemingly magical properties. Think this on serious steroids: Wikimedia Error

We would be unable to understand or duplicate such things. We would analyze their makeup in conventional chemical and materials science terms, try to duplicate them, and then scratch our stupid monkey heads when our exact duplicates have none of the properties of the original. It would be exactly analogous to Roman philosophers shaping a hunk of metal in precisely the shape of my laptop and its innards and then being confused when it didn't do anything.

BTW...

While I think the CARET documents were a hoax, I think they might have been very loosely onto something. The idea of seemingly magical materials that can be "programmed" by simply arranging them and/or placing symbols on them sounds very much like where the absolute bleeding edge of human nanotechnology, computing, and metamaterials research is going.

But who knows... maybe that is the "old stuff" from the point of view of whomever might be visiting us.

Yeah, col. Corso is hard one, because lots of what he says ads up. Col. Corso was not very technical. He was simply a manager and intelligence officer, whose job mostly consisted of playing politics in Pentagon.

Lets say, for example, col. Corso was 100% true and he got some some super-advanced gadget that was a working time machine. Corso promptly takes this time machine to Bell Labs. Bell Labs looks at a time machine and can't suss out neither beginning, nor the end of it. Its like giving radio to Leonardo Da Vinci and asking him to reverse engineer it. Its just beyond our level of knowledge at that point in the time.

It might simply be the case that both col. Corso and scientists were right. Col. Corso was a spy and a very intelligent and delicate man. Col Corso could had dropped just right info in just right place at a just right time, for it to be resolve some big engineering conundrum. But, as for scientists, they were very close anyway and had only that little problem to overcame.

Scientist are pretty paranoid when it comes to authorship, because their whole carrier depends on it. But they heavily depend on exchanging ideas with each other. Once brake-through is made a typical scientist wants to forget other people's contribution and claims all the prize for himself. Just a human nature.

Back