• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Citizens Hearing on Disclosure

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Chris is in Washington, DC to help run the cameras documenting the Citizens Hearing on Disclosure.

On Thursday, May 2, from 2:30 until 4:30 PM Pacific time, we'll be recording an episode dealing with the good, bad, and possibly ugly aspects of this event.

We'll be continuing the discussion in future episodes of The Paracast with special guests who participated in the conference, including Daniel Sheehan, who was not able to appear on this segment.

A few questions:

1. How do you see this event in the context of ufological history? And, how is it different from any other UFO-related event that has taken place at the National Press Club in the past?

2. What are the goals of this event outside of showcasing Dr. Greer's new documentary?

3. Could you describe the decison-making process behind the honorariums offered to the former congresspeople who are participating in the event? Was the idea of offering such a sum weighed against the perceived legitimacy of the event and, in turn, the UFO field? And, if so, what was the rationale behind deciding on the sum?

4. Granted, I have only seen highlights of the hearings, thus far, but from the footage I have viewed, it seems like the "congressional panel" has taken a largely more sympathetic approach in its line of questioning than would probably happen in a real-world congressional hearing. Are these highlights misleading? If not, could you explain the decision not to make the panel questioning more rigorous? Is the approach of the "congressional panel" dictated by the former congresspeople themselves, or by the organizers of the event?

5. Has the event produced the intended effect in the media, thus far? What are your thoughts on the portrayals of the event in the media-at-large, not just the mainstream media?

A few questions:

1. How do you see this event in the context of ufological history? And, how is it different from any other UFO-related event that has taken place at the National Press Club in the past?

2. What are the goals of this event outside of showcasing Dr. Greer's new documentary?

3. Could you describe the decison-making process behind the honorariums offered to the former congresspeople who are participating in the event? Was the idea of offering such a sum weighed against the perceived legitimacy of the event and, in turn, the UFO field? And, if so, what was the rationale behind deciding on the sum?

4. Granted, I have only seen highlights of the hearings, thus far, but from the footage I have viewed, it seems like the "congressional panel" has taken a largely more sympathetic approach in its line of questioning than would probably happen in a real-world congressional hearing. Are these highlights misleading? If not, could you explain the decision not to make the panel questioning more rigorous? Is the approach of the "congressional panel" dictated by the former congresspeople themselves, or by the organizers of the event?

5. Has the event produced the intended effect in the media, thus far? What are your thoughts on the portrayals of the event in the media-at-large, not just the mainstream media?

Excellent questions! I especially want to hear the answers to 3 and 4.

I just want to take this opportunity to thank Chris for doing just an extraordinary job as on-the-site reporter for this event, as I took the post of anchor back at the studio. He had hoped to get some help from a few guests who wanted to be there, but we couldn't get them away from all the work they had to do for the conference. That will be coming over the next few weeks.

Question for anyone: How can Steve Greer be considered a voice in favor of disclosure when he continuously refuses to divulge the identities of his allegedly highly-placed government officials, spies and military people, and pixelates faces in the disjointed and false infomercial he called Sirius? Was Greer's role prominent at this event, is he the prime mover, or just one of several?

Sirius was such a piece of crap to watch and flitted between totally unrelated subjects without any segues. Apparently he falsified the findings of the person who agreed to do DNA analysis of the mummified fetus from the Chilean highlands as well. Does the long shadow cast by the shambling figure of Greer make the entire "Disclosure" movement part of his CSET cult, or does it have an existence of its own?

Question for Chris Obrein. If you and Ron James were doing the live stream production you might know how many people tuned in. Can you tell us what the numbers were for people who viewed the live stream?
Thanx—good question, I'll check that—last I heard the # of streamers was in the "thousands." We had problems maintaining a quality feed the first day, possibly because the streaming provider (for some reason) was sending the feed to the UK, and then it was being sent back to the US to be streamed to the audience. The result was, there were a bunch of problems early on, but the techie-dudes worked it out.

Several people have mentioned utube videos of the proceedings, so if you are interested, the proceedings are available to view elsewhere on the 'net. The 1st, 4th and 5th days (IMO) are the most memorable. Check w/ me for specifics and tune in to the Paracast, I'm sure this event will be a topic of conversation for (at least) a few shows...

Thanx—good question, I'll check that—last I heard the # of streamers was in the "thousands." We had problems maintaining a quality feed the first day, possibly because the streaming provider (for some reason) was sending the feed to the UK, and then it was being sent back to the US to be streamed to the audience. OK. The result was, there were a bunch of problems, but the techie-dudes worked it out. Several people have mentioned utube videos of the proceedings, so if you are interested, the proceedings are available. The 1st, 4th and 5th days (IMO) are most memorable. Check w/ me for specifics...

I thought it was well done. Some people might call me crazy but besides Greer I thought the entire hearing was actually pretty well done as well.

And if it was in the thousands that is a high number in my opinion.

I watched the entire thing and I was impressed (minus Greer and Sirius) the other 39 did a good job.

Back