• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Christopher O'Brien will be speaking in NJ November 1st

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
NY/NJ friends and Paracast listeners, come to the conference and say hi!

http://www.njufoc.com/main.html

Logo_NJUFOC2.png
For all my

Shoot. This is about 10 min drive from my house. Unfortunately I just started working weekends to supplement my income, since umpire season is winding down here. Too soon for a sick day? I'll have to see about that.

wow doesnt David Stinnent look like the 5th doctor a bit.. just give him a piece of celery...with all due respect since i dont know him...
- I would love to go myself.. though just had a very bad taste from driving to newark and back to CT

Shoot. This is about 10 min drive from my house. Unfortunately I just started working weekends to supplement my income, since umpire season is winding down here. Too soon for a sick day? I'll have to see about that.

This is also like 15 minutes from my house. I really would like to go if I can. We must live really close to each other.

Chris, how did you get involved in that conference? The other presenters seem very "far removed" from you in terms of interest and credibility. This is not a criticism as I know you want to get the information out there; I'm just curious.

Chris, how did you get involved in that conference? The other presenters seem very "far removed" from you in terms of interest and credibility. This is not a criticism as I know you want to get the information out there; I'm just curious.
Dave read the book, called me and asked if I was available. As with all my invites to speak and trips away from home, when I book something I also take care of several other things in the neighborhood. In this case, I'll be able to go early and finalize a 7-yr screenplay process w/ my writing partner (who lives in NJ) and I can visit my sister —also nearby in NJ. Plus see some college buddies, etc etc. As to the rest of the line up... meh, whatever. It'll be my first East Coast speaking gig and maybe my presentation can help bring some fact-based reality to the proceedings... Then again... :eek:

It'll be fun to meet you all if you guys are able to make it!

I do hope to go, but I would probably only show up for your presentation and the dinner (assuming you're going to the dinner).

I do hope to go, but I would probably only show up for your presentation and the dinner (assuming you're going to the dinner).
Yup, I'll do the dinner and possibly somewhere after-hours as well... Lisa, my screenwriter partner (it's her amazing story we've been developing) will be there and I'm looking forward to some socializing East Coast style :cool:

I've been to Hamilton, NJ a few times, not far from Princeton University which has a really nice campus by the way. I love to go see you Chris, but unfortunately I'll be in New Orleans at that time. Will you be at any east coast event soon? (besides this one of course) I was gonna ask you why this event? With all the ________ (fill the blank) people, but Technomage hit it on the head. That Doug Hamp fella..... oh boy.

Chris,

My wife and I will be attending some of the conference (probably just your lecture and everything after) and the dinner tomorrow.

I look forward to meeting you.

See you then!

Back