• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

China's moon rover

TheMoon

Skilled Investigator
Some possible questions for open lines Friday. Or give us your 2 cents now been chewing this over for a couple of days

China has sent its lunar rover up into space, and with its arrival to the lunar surface imminent can we expect to learn anything new or ground breaking? Will it put pay to the Armstrong disbelievers?

The rover among other things has been sent to harvest valuable minerals. However is it China's to harvest?

The lunar lander is quoted as being larger than required. Some say this is a pre cursor to manned missions, or could this be to harvest more of the moons valuable resources . Does anyone else feel like it's like chipping off part of a pyramid as a souvenir? Like any wonder Is the moon ours to exploit or should it be preserved ?

Speculating that the reason NASA stopped lunar missions is because the military took it to a black project could china be treading on top secret toes up there ? What are the possible implications

New to the forum so sorry if this is old ground been covered just some questions that raised while listening to DMR

I'm moonatic not a lunatic

maybe this rover will have deep drilling capabilities- I want to know if that thing is hollow.
Or we discover the core has a stash of singular pole magnets that the galaxy has been using the moon as a intergalactic gas station. And would explain the moons piss poor attempt at rotation.

Would China, who I believe limits the amt of info their own citizens can view on the internet, even release their findings?

Maybe as an up and coming superpower peacock display? A snub to other countries

I feel this is just wishful thinking on my behalf, and the only real way Joseph public is going to get answers is to have a privateer mission.

China has sent its lunar rover up into space, and with its arrival to the lunar surface imminent can we expect to learn anything new or ground breaking?
We'll just have to wait and see. I think it's more of a political posturing move, a precursor to staking mining claims.

"China sees its space programme as a symbol of its growing international status and technological advancement, as well as of the Communist Party's success in reversing the fortunes of the once impoverished nation. It aims to establish a permanent space station by 2020 and eventually send a human to the moon. Read more at: China to send 'jade rabbit' to Moon: state media"​

Who knows what will happen with China's rover? It won't take us long to find out since it's due to land this month.

H3 Harvesting by 2015

[We'll just have to wait and see. I think it's more of a political posturing move, a precursor to staking mining claims.

Great video,

Does anybody have an uneasy feeling about exploiting the moons resources unbalancing it?
If they bring enough of the moon to earth would it be like a wheel on a car and become unbalanced just a thought for a movie lol

And how does someone go about laying claim to the moon seems like another excuse for conflict?

Curious. If it was possible to "exploit" the moon, the US surely would have found a way. Maybe the rumors are true and we were "warned" away. As long as I can look up and see Jackie Gleason during a full moon, China can stake their flag.

Anybody seen good speculation the Chiners are faking it?

I searched, but could only find SEO hit bait.

Agreed. Don't think you can completely fake these things. Possible exaggerations, but too many nations have ability to track and record the telemetry. At least what, three nations have satellites orbiting moon.

Back