• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Children Most Accurate When It Comes To UFOs

D

daiello

I think UFOs are most accurately described by children. adults put too much spin on them, and try to wage a mental war of sorts on their brains telling themselves that what they saw is "normal". Children know what they have seen and don't try and deny it to themselves or anyone else.

I agree, but in the situation of a child and an adult seeing a ufo, i feel that the child MAY have a more accurate description due to the unbiased mental processing kids have.

In my experience, children lack the vocabulary to give useful information more so than adults. They aren't as good at articulating distance and angles, as well as shapes. They also lack understanding of the mundane, which is useful in ruling out things. Even IF they were better observers and interpreters, it's benefit is lost.

When I was 7 me and my mother were driving to safeway and once we got in the parking lot, i looked up and saw the bright light darting around int he sky. I remember telling my mom that a plane was playing connect the dots with the stars. I will never forget the look on her face, it was sheer terror. I am now 22 years old, and remember the incident perfectly. My mother on the other hand has just turned 50, and I have asked her at least 3 times if she remembers the Ufo. Every time she say "no, how old were you? I don't think that ever happened." Now 50 is not old enough for a woman to start losing her mind, especially when the vision is as clear as day to me, and she rushed me inside the store when it happened. How bout them apples!!!

A.LeClair said:
In my experience, children lack the vocabulary to give useful information more so than adults. They aren't as good at articulating distance and angles, as well as shapes. They also lack understanding of the mundane, which is useful in ruling out things. Even IF they were better observers and interpreters, it's benefit is lost.

Yep, yep, yep. And how many botched child molestation trials have to be held before one realizes that children are highly prone to tell perceived authority figures what they want to hear?

I'll leave the whole "innocence best understands the paranormal" theme alone, though. That'd take three threads.

The problem with child witnesses is that whatever credibility is gained through honesty is lost through a misunderstanding of their environment and their desire for attention.

After all, to some children a man in a snow suit looks like an astronaut.

This is not a blanket statement that all children are full of it, it's a point that children make mistaken observations based on a lack of knowledge.

In my opinion, children are given far too much credit in this world. Far too much respect and credulity. I come from a generation where children were to be seen and not heard, where these days the kids pretty much run the show, and the adults bend over backwards to serve them.

Back