• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Checking out the moon

GeoShift

Paranormal Maven
I was looking at the moon tonight with my 25X astronomy binoculars and noticed the crater on the right..a little lower than straight right and noticed a rather large crater, but in the middle of it is a raised area almost looking like a dome. Is this just the result of the object that impacted the moon or something else? Just wondering.

This year, as many of you are probably already aware, it was a full moon on Christmas Day for the first time since 1977. The next one won't happen until 2034. It was -21° and clear here in Calgary. I lit a fire and enjoyed some coffee and a Tex-Mex tuna melt. I also snapped the selfie below with the strange Moon like orbs above the candles. I swear they weren't there when I took the picture ... really ;-)

At one point I watched a high flying jet leave a silver contrail in its wake as it passed beneath the Moon and headed into Orion. That was a pretty cool sight. Now as we move into 2016, I hope the universe has something better in store for the world than more war and hunger and strife, and that everyone here on the Paracast has an amazing New Year's Eve and year to come :)

Selfie-04b.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_0047-PANO.jpg

The thing that i like about Mr. Full Moon is that it also brings Higher Tides and Lower Tides and i love it when these lower tides coincide with my beach walks .

In the past on New Year's Day i would walk the distance of the M. Braude bike path from Torrance to Santa Monica...some 22 miles...but my legs are getting older and on top of that i realized last year that it was such an overreach that i lost pespective of what this seasonal walk was supposed to do. Instead of kicking back, dipping my toesies in the water and watching the sea birds and just soaking it all in i just walked and walked and walked, getting too mission oriented and those that live in So Cal can probably appreciate what a soul sucking inconvience the Marina Del Rey detour is.

So this year i split it up, on Christmas Day i walked from the Marina Del Rey north breakwater to Pacific Palisades on New Year's Day i will do the Torrance to Marina Del Rey south breakwater

the above picture is a pano taken from Marina south breakwater looking northwest towards the Santa Monica mountains

DSC_0045.JPG View attachment 5440 DSC_0065.JPG

Last edited:
DSC_0047-PANO.jpg

The thing that i like about Mr. Full Moon is that it also brings Higher Tides and Lower Tides and i love it when these lower tides coincide with my beach walks .

In the past on New Year's Day i would walk the distance of the M. Braude bike path from Torrance to Santa Monica...some 22 miles...but my legs are getting older and on top of that i realized last year that it was such an overreach that i lost pespective of what this seasonal walk was supposed to do. Instead of kicking back, dipping my toesies in the water and watching the sea birds and just soaking it all in i just walked and walked and walked, getting too mission oriented and those that live in So Cal can probably appreciate what a soul sucking inconvience the Marina Del Rey detour is.

So this year i split it up, on Christmas Day i walked from the Marina Del Rey north breakwater to Pacific Palisades on New Year's Day i will do the Torrance to Marina Del Rey south breakwater

the above picture is a pano taken from Marina south breakwater looking northwest towards the Santa Monica mountains
Nice :). Sure beats the minus twenty-something we get up here!

Back