• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Charles Hall visiting Australia

mike

Paranormal Adept
For aussies who may be interested

Airman First Class Charles Hall was Range Weather Observer for several gunnery ranges between 1965 - 1967. His job could have been plain simple if the aliens he calls the Tall Whites weren't often around, silently observing him. He was given the surname "Teacher's Pet".

The Tall Whites & Charles Hall - Ufopsi, the encyclopedia about UFOs and the paranormal

He'll be in Brisbane and Sydney

Saturday, 6th April at the SMSA Mitchell Theatre, 280 Pitt Street, Sydney. 1 – 5 pm.. Cost: $35 at the door. No prior booking.

Tell us how the presentation goes Mike. It's an interesting story and a very detailed one. Hall always seems a little ...off...to me. I heard him interviewed on half a dozen shows some years back and he always seemed to know the exact answer and where the answer is located in each one of his books, instantly....

Not saying he's lying or rehearsed but he struck me as having some sort of psychological condition like schizophrenia or mild autism. Of course i could be wrong and this "tall white" story of his all real.

That makes two of us mate,
Hes a storyteller imo.

There were aspects that just shrieked of con job.

I'll give an example

He tells the tale that the tall whites come from a planet twice as big as earth with a gravity to match, yet insists they are very frail here on earth.
The reverse would logically be true, on a high gravity world you would expect them to be shorter not taller, and here on earth, they would be much stronger than their home world, yet he said they couldnt even pick up a sears catalog it being to heavy for them.
But then goes on to recount how on hearing one of einsteins theorys, and he went to pains to insist what happened next was exactly what happened, claims they rolled around on the ground laughing for 15 mins..........

Yet an hour earlier claimed that if they fell here on earth they would break their legs and not heal for a year.

But in reality you would logically expect any entity raised on a high gravity world, would be tougher here on earth.
It doesnt make sense, you would fall harder on a world with twice the gravity, such beings would experience half the energy falling here, in a bioframe designed for twice the gravity.
to them falling on earth would be like floating down, like us falling on the moon.

There were many more examples that didnt quite fit, more holes in it than swiss cheese in a rat cage.

Packed the room though, people were sitting on the floor, there wasnt 2 feet of empty space anywhere.

But he broke my BS meter. beyond repair, will need a new one

Thanks for taking the time to check the guy out personally Mike, your picking up a lot of holes in his story, it's an odd story but i think you picked up the right impression. Hope you got more out of the trip then just Hall :)

Thanks Ward,
Yes it was well worth the time taken to learn what i needed to learn about this case.
There is only so much you can glean from books and podcasts, i got what i consider a very good reading of this case, though it was a negative one all up.
I used to live and work in the central business district of sydney, so it was good to visit old stomping grounds, and i had dinner in chinatown.

I overheard a number of people who like me were impressed with the number of people who turned up, one expressing a personal sense of feeling less marginalised by their interest in the genre by the numbers present.

It was good to see such a large group of people with an interest in ufology, and the demographic was diverse, from young to old and everything in between.

Its a subject thats become more mainstream or so it seems.

It was the same when i saw Stephen Bassetts talk when he was down under, it was at a location that is best described as rural, and yet he drew a very large crowd.

We know there are some people in this genre who are frauds, it was worthwhile to go and listen with an open mind and come away with an informed opinion, albiet one where i found his case to be more or less BS.

He contradicted himself many times, and some of his stuff was psuedo scientific nonsense.

A member of the audience no doubt spotting the logic flaw as i did asked him about the fact that a species evolved on a planet with twice earths gravity should be shorter not taller, and he waffled on and on about unrelated stuff, finally adding being tall alows you to see predators at a distance so thats why.
Completly sidestepping the gravity aspect.

It makes no sesne to me that a species evolved to stand twice our gravity, would walk carefully in fear of falling and breaking a bone here on earth.Or be unable to lift a sears catalog because it was too heavy.

The reverse should be true, bones evolved to stand twice our gravity would not break easily under ours, and muscles evolved to work in a high gee environment would be stronger here on earth.

Thanks Ward,
Yes it was well worth the time taken to learn what i needed to learn about this case.
There is only so much you can glean from books and podcasts, i got what i consider a very good reading of this case, though it was a negative one all up.
I used to live and work in the central business district of sydney, so it was good to visit old stomping grounds, and i had dinner in chinatown.

I overheard a number of people who like me were impressed with the number of people who turned up, one expressing a personal sense of feeling less marginalised by their interest in the genre by the numbers present.

It was good to see such a large group of people with an interest in ufology, and the demographic was diverse, from young to old and everything in between.

Its a subject thats become more mainstream or so it seems.

It was the same when i saw Stephen Bassetts talk when he was down under, it was at a location that is best described as rural, and yet he drew a very large crowd.

We know there are some people in this genre who are frauds, it was worthwhile to go and listen with an open mind and come away with an informed opinion, albiet one where i found his case to be more or less BS.

He contradicted himself many times, and some of his stuff was psuedo scientific nonsense.

A member of the audience no doubt spotting the logic flaw as i did asked him about the fact that a species evolved on a planet with twice earths gravity should be shorter not taller, and he waffled on and on about unrelated stuff, finally adding being tall alows you to see predators at a distance so thats why.
Completly sidestepping the gravity aspect.

It makes no sesne to me that a species evolved to stand twice our gravity, would walk carefully in fear of falling and breaking a bone here on earth.Or be unable to lift a sears catalog because it was too heavy.

The reverse should be true, bones evolved to stand twice our gravity would not break easily under ours, and muscles evolved to work in a high gee environment would be stronger here on earth.

I call BS with this guy, sorry but his stuff just makes no sense to me.

Listened to a few of his interviews over the years and he has a cool story but personally I think it is very much that.. a cool story and nothing more.

His understanding of physics and its effect on a bio frame being one of numerous problems I have with his tales.

Back