• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Cash-Landrum UFO Incident on Planet Choc

Sentry

Paranormal Adept
I'm hoping someone can provide more information about this 8 minute video clip from Planete Choc. Sadly, I can't understand the language.
Is it an original French program, and when was it filmed/broadcast? (There are clips before and after Betty Cash's death.)
I'm interested in finding a higher resolution (hopefuly English) version of this story.

EDIT: identified below Cash-Landrum UFO Incident on Planet Choc | The Paracast Community Forums

Last edited:
I don't understand French either. But there should be lots of clips in English about it on youtube.

Although I don't typically buy into conspiracy theories my gut feeling about Cash-Landrum is that it had nothing to do with ETs but with an experimental military aircraft with some kind of advanced propulsion system (perhaps nuclear)... and they covered it up.

Such a compelling and very sad case--who wouldn't be moved with sympathy after hearing the family doctor talk about the fragile health that all three witnesses now suffer with, and for no "good" reason? Oh yeah, I guess that would be government bureaucrats and members of the military who are charged with sidestepping responsibility for harm done to American citizens under their watch. I too believe these poor folks were in the wrong place at the wrong time when a secret American-made craft was tested--maybe it even falls into the same category of domestic psychological experimentation that Gene has speculated the Betty and Barney Hill case was.

In the end, it certainly helps blur the lines for those attempting to determine the terrestrial vs. extraterrestrial nature of the UFO enigma.

I still haven't found a translation or a source for the French video, but watching it several times have picked out more details. I would still like to see the original footage in English, especially since this seems likely to have been Betty Cash's last interview.

UPDATE 6/22/12 This appears to be from:
Mysterious Worlds episode, either UFO or UFO Secrets. Originally aired in the USA in 2002, it was produced for TLC, likely originally been shown on The Learning Channel. From a longer clip, I found the credits, which show Gary R. Benz and John Drimmer as the Executive Producers, and it was written and produced by Michele Gardner-Smith. GRB Entertainment Inc., MMII by Sequoia Entertainment Inc.

Betty Cash, Vickie Landrum, John Schuessler and Dr. Bryan McClelland are featured, with new footage and re-enactments, with some archival interviews from “the Unexplained”. (This French language version aired on France's Planete Choc)
This is the last known the filmed interviews of Vickie and Betty.

By the way, I'm continuing to update the collection of videos on this case on my blog, and also have posted several new articles at the link below:

Cash Landrum case is one of the most infuriating and sad cases in ufology, even more so then the Bennewitz case. These women and child were obviously exposes to some sort of very high dosage of radiation. Suing the Fed government did nothing and Betty died a horrible death.
The government got its cake and ate it to. The gov. said none of its aircraft were in the area and there was no ufo there either. Yet the road was taken out and repayed, the trees were cut down so all physical evidence at the location was removed. Maybe Betty's car is still around maybe it could still be checked.
Sad state of affairs that there was no justice for these people.

Ward, it is a fascinating case, and I've been researching it for months. It turns out the prime investigator of the case was very selective in the way this case was presented. There was some damaging information to the case that he suppressed, and what is generally known about the case is a bit of a fairy tale based on whatever may have actually occurred. Also, every story needs a villain, and in this case it was the US military, an easy sell in the post-Watergate, post-Viet Nam era.

I share your sympathy for the witnesses, but have to wonder if selling the incident by the investigator as a UFO encounter didn't ultimately prevent them from receiving what they needed. We may never reach the truth, but I'm doing my best to clear some of the smoke from this case.

Peter Gersten posted another rare one,
UFOs: What's Going On? the HBO documentary from 1985.
The Cash-Landrum segment starts at 35:30.

I've added this one to the collection found at my blog.

Test of a slideshow on the case:

A collection of case photographs and images, but there are many gaps.
I hope to do something more ambitious when time allows.

I'm hoping someone can provide more information about this 8 minute video clip from Planete Choc. Sadly, I can't understand the language.
Is it an original French program, and when was it filmed/broadcast? (There are clips before and after Betty Cash's death.)
I'm interested in finding a higher resolution (hopefuly English) version of this story.

I think this show was originally made in English, and the french added on afterwards.

Does any one recognise the people who are included in the video? (the captions seem to be missing)
if we had a list of the participants then finding the "original" would in my opinion be more likely.

I would guess that it was made in the early 1990s

I think this show was originally made in English, and the french added on afterwards.
Han, I wish I could edit the thread title, but I eventually found what it was:
Mysterious Worlds episode, UFO Secrets. Originally aired in the USA in 2002, it was produced for TLC, originally shown on The Learning Channel. Directed by Kevin Barry. Gary R. Benz and John Drimmer , Executive Producers, and it was written and produced by Michele Gardner-Smith. GRB Entertainment Inc., MMII by Sequoia Entertainment Inc.
Betty Cash, Vickie Landrum, John Schuessler and Dr. Bryan McClelland are featured, with new footage and re-enactments. (This French language version aired on France's Planete Choc)
This is the last known the filmed interviews of Vickie and Betty.
I'm still looking for a copy of the English version, so please let me know if you can locate it.

Han, I wish I could edit the thread title, but I eventually found what it was:

I'm still looking for a copy of the English version, so please let me know if you can locate it.

I have tried without success, I can only suggest contacting the production company, or hope that it might be repeated on "TLC".

good luck, and best wishes.

Dear sentry I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but I wonder if requesting a "transcript" of the show from the TV company would be worth a try?
I do not know much about how these companies operate, but I have a feeling that the logistics of delivering the transcript as opposed to the film to you could be easier.
Maybe a member of the forum who has more of an idea of how these things work could advise?

I believe a close comparative look at Cash-Landrum and Bentwaters could be very profitable. Cash-Landrum has given me a new way of looking things.

My father is Dr. Bryan McClelland. He was the doctor for mrs betty. I have the original Episode from unsolved mysteries and the ufo hunters "alien fallout". Its funny to watch my dad on this kind of show.I believe he has been brought out three times now to texas for interviewing about this case. Plus twice for filming.

Saw your blog. Thought since my dad knew the victims, i would comment. If you have questions for me to ask him just let me know. Try to be legit with your questions and realize he is a physician not the government who is obviously the one who needs to answer the most questions about this insident.

My father is Dr. Bryan McClelland. He was the doctor for mrs betty. I have the original Episode from unsolved mysteries and the ufo hunters "alien fallout". Its funny to watch my dad on this kind of show.I believe he has been brought out three times now to texas for interviewing about this case. Plus twice for filming.

Saw your blog. Thought since my dad knew the victims, i would comment. If you have questions for me to ask him just let me know. Try to be legit with your questions and realize he is a physician not the government who is obviously the one who needs to answer the most questions about this insident.
Thanks for posting here. Often times TV programming is far too "time limited" to fully explore the subject to allow enough time for the full story or likely answers.

Two questions for your dad:

1) Has your father formed any solid opinions that he has narrowed down by now to be the likely cause(s) and answer(s)???

2) Does your father have enough tissue and hair samples to determine the radioactive isotopes that could be detected? Often times, if the radio isotopes can be known, then that can be the "smoking gun" to prove what is the likely source of the radioactive poisoning. Any answers along these lines?

Back