• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

    Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Capturing the Light




DisownedSky

Paranormal Novice
r.e. the upcoming 2 March show concerning the films of Dorothy Izzat. At stake are sales of the DVD "Capturing the Light," and frankly it has the look and feel of a hustle. The trailer is all this sweet old lady and her retro movie camera, and not a hint of serious analysis.

I spend way too much time on ATS (gotta stop that...), and I can tell you that people are fooled by photos and videos of almost anything. There has been much brouhaha, for example, about obvious video of aircraft landing lights. Point a camera at a bright light, overexpose it, move it around, make sure that there are no useful reference objects in the frame, and believe away! 30,000 feet!

I'm expecting hard questions, sweet old lady notwithstanding....
 

Siani

Despiser of religious nuts
I don't think the old lady herself will be on the show. But I agree - something smells very fishy about this case. I've seen some of her images - they just show fuzzy, amorphous blobs, rather than craft or beings.
 

David Biedny

Paranormal Adept
So I've watched the documentary, and I have to say, I find the images compelling. There are VERY weird things happening on what appears to be single frames of film, something you'd be hard pressed to do in camera. I can't say I've seen the strips of film with my own eyes, held them with my own hands, but if things are as they appear, then this is an interesting case. Furthermore, there's something that happens in the doc, while Longo and his cameraman are filming Dorothy's daughter, that is truly astounding, and we talk about it at length in the show. I'll qualify this - there's one portion where they seem to feel that the dust particles on some of the interview footage are "orbs", and I obviously have problems with that, but the fact that Dorothy shot this stuff for decades, and stayed away from the UFO "field", tells me a lot about her. Personally, based on the doc, I find her to be highly credible as a witness, and her story fascinating. There's something that happens at the end of the episode, well, we'll see if Longo and Guttilla come through on what we discuss, it'll make for some wild stories down the road. Listen on Sunday, you'll totally understand what I'm typing about then...

dB
 

Siani

Despiser of religious nuts
David Biedny said:
So I've watched the documentary, and I have to say, I find the images compelling. There are VERY weird things happening on what appears to be single frames of film, something you'd be hard pressed to do in camera. I can't say I've seen the strips of film with my own eyes, held them with my own hands, but if things are as they appear, then this is an interesting case. Furthermore, there's something that happens in the doc, while Longo and his cameraman are filming Dorothy's daughter, that is truly astounding, and we talk about it at length in the show. I'll qualify this - there's one portion where they seem to feel that the dust particles on some of the interview footage are "orbs", and I obviously have problems with that, but the fact that Dorothy shot this stuff for decades, and stayed away from the UFO "field", tells me a lot about her. Personally, based on the doc, I find her to be highly credible as a witness, and her story fascinating. There's something that happens at the end of the episode, well, we'll see if Longo and Guttilla come through on what we discuss, it'll make for some wild stories down the road. Listen on Sunday, you'll totally understand what I'm typing about then...

dB
Weird - I could have sworn I posted a reply to this! I must have hit a wrong button somewhere. Anyway, what I said was on the lines of it sounds like I may have been a bit hasty, by jumping to conclusions about this case. I haven't seen the documentary, just a few vague and inconclusive images. Sadly, the legacy of fools like Meier and his cohorts, is that I tend to be very suspicious of alleged contactees and their photographic evidence. Not that there's any harm in a healthy dose of scepticism. But it sounds like I may have had my BS filters set a little too high on this one. I look forward to hearing the show on Sunday - well, Monday, as it will be here in the UK.
 

Brian Now

Paranormal Pimp
David Biedny said:
So I've watched the documentary, and I have to say, I find the images compelling. There are VERY weird things happening on what appears to be single frames of film, something you'd be hard pressed to do in camera.
dB
I definitely look forward to this interview. I have only seen the pictures on the internet so far, not the documentary. I view the images with a cautious yawn since they are the typical streaks and blurs of paranormal photography (we know aliens hate nice, clean pictures). I hope to hear something interesting in the upcoming show.
 

DFWMike

Skilled Investigator
Can't wait to hear discussion on this video, I've been very curious about David's take about it's authenticity....interesting to read his post above. She seems very compelling to me as well in the interviews I've heard with her. The actions of her family in response to her sightings are equally compelling, some very skeptical people in that group that are hard pressed to find a rational answer to the phenomena going on around her.
 

grannysmith

Skilled Investigator
An interview with the woman herself (though brief) in addition to the filmmakers can be found on the last but one most recent 'Paranormal Cafe'.

As far as I can tell the interesting phenomena in her footage are the single frame 'light bursts' with no bleeding onto other frames.
 

Poi

Skilled Investigator
Great, pixelsmith! I wish you'd let us know what you think after viewing it. I've ordered a lot of CDs and usually find them less than satisfying. For once, I'd like some recommendation before I decide to place an order.
 

dorkbot

Skilled Investigator
David Biedny said:
There are VERY weird things happening on what appears to be single frames of film,
Would you see a similarity between Izatt's stuff and Bruce Cornet's?

Also, Unsolved Mysteries did a segment on her which you can view on google video. Her segment starts at about 1:23

<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6689196820356094135&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>
 

pixelsmith

Paranormal Adept
i just finished watching the video. i need to watch it again to give an opinion. but i will say i am minimally overwhelmed. hard to explain... with "30,000 feet of film" over 30 years of time, i expected a LOT more actual footage of these objects. when they started with the whole "orb" thing i was thinking oh crap it is a bunch of BS... but then they come back with a few more clips of lights and it peaks your interest again. honestly if you watch the trailers over and over again you will pretty much see the whole documentary. i was left wanting a WHOLE LOT MORE! i was actually a little pissed when it finished. they must be planning a 2nd DVD.

my gut feeling is it is real. i will watch it again and then explain a few things currently happening in my life that are somewhat connected in a way that stunned me.

i highly recommend the video if you have 20 bucks to spare. if you are poor, watch the trailers.

one question to dorothy would be: are all the videos of lights actual footage? she recounts early days as they roll some video. i want to know if those clips are from the actual first sightings?
 

pixelsmith

Paranormal Adept
i watched it again and i am still not sure what i saw. i need to watch one more time and think about it before i give any more opinion. i really want to see all 30,000 feet of film at this point.

somewhere here i posted my account and poor image of a similar type event, except i tried to chase down the object i saw. it left me in the dust with a small jet following it until out of sight. the airport/FAA reported NO air traffic in the area and did not admit to any small jet flying around.
 

pixelsmith

Paranormal Adept
i have watched this movie 6 times. it still amazes me. and it still pisses me off that there is so very little footage to observe. it has a lot editing that irritates me as well. i want to see how these lights appear, not just suddenly have them edited into the scene already in "formation".

this is a fairly well done video but it is way too short in length. with 30,000 feet of film, i want more than 5 minutes of video.
 

pixelsmith

Paranormal Adept
after now watching for the seventh time i have some problems. during dorothy's daughters interview it appears as tho she is moving out of the line of view of the object under the direction of someone off cam.
the orb thing is another problem. they indicate that this orb entered her body and may have relaxed her for the interview. i am not a big orb fan only because i can shoot an orb at will. i do not believe they are anything but out of focus dust or small insects.

i need to know more about:0
the beings that came to her,
why no one else of importance has recently investigated her work,
why isnt she using a digital camcorder now and
why isnt there more footage on the DVD.
 

SR2

Skilled Investigator
Great Paracast episode. I would have liked to have heard more about the aliens and their messages to Dorothy. Are these the typical "earth changes/earth in peril" forecasts that other contactees have mentioned? Also, if she has photos of aliens and the interiors of their crafts, I would like to see them released to the public. I hope David and Jeff are able to follow through with their visit to see Dorothy.
 

Rocketsauce

Haagen-Dazs Addict
SR2 said:
Great Paracast episode. I would have liked to have heard more about the aliens and their messages to Dorothy. Are these the typical "earth changes/earth in peril" forecasts that other contactees have mentioned? Also, if she has photos of aliens and the interiors of their crafts, I would like to see them released to the public. I hope David and Jeff are able to follow through with their visit to see Dorothy.
Right on! If the film is enough to convince David than that is very convincing to me, so it would be really cool to hear more about her interactions. I think there is an old book on Amazon about her, I think I might order it now.
 

David Biedny

Paranormal Adept
Rocketsauce said:
SR2 said:
Great Paracast episode. I would have liked to have heard more about the aliens and their messages to Dorothy. Are these the typical "earth changes/earth in peril" forecasts that other contactees have mentioned? Also, if she has photos of aliens and the interiors of their crafts, I would like to see them released to the public. I hope David and Jeff are able to follow through with their visit to see Dorothy.
Right on! If the film is enough to convince David than that is very convincing to me, so it would be really cool to hear more about her interactions. I think there is an old book on Amazon about her, I think I might order it now.
Indeed, the book is written by Peter Guttilla, who, IMO, does not come across as an objective "researcher". I think the documentary is fascinating, Longo seems like a good guy, but I'm much less impressed by Guttilla.

dB
 


Top