• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Can dark matter be the answer?

the_great_attractor

Paranormal Novice
My first post and i`m from sweden so please be gentle:).

If what we see and can percive only make out 5% or so of the universe, could it be that dark matter/energy is where we should look for answer regarding paranormal phenomen?
Has there been any thoughts about this on the forum or does any one know of litterature on the subjekt?

Could it be that the large chunk of the universe we can´t percive hides several "5%" layers?
And when a lets say a ufophenomen beeing witnessed maybe the earth or the person works as a detector of dark matter.
Does anyone have thoughts on this, please give me input.

My first post and i`m from sweden so please be gentle:).

If what we see and can percive only make out 5% or so of the universe, could it be that dark matter/energy is where we should look for answer regarding paranormal phenomen?
Has there been any thoughts about this on the forum or does any one know of litterature on the subjekt?

Could it be that the large chunk of the universe we can´t percive hides several "5%" layers?
And when a lets say a ufophenomen beeing witnessed maybe the earth or the person works as a detector of dark matter.
Does anyone have thoughts on this, please give me input.
Welcome to the forum! Yes the idea that dark matter could play a role in the paranormal has been considered in a way similar to what you suggest, where perhaps dark matter might be a sort of parallel universe, and if that's the case, maybe some of the inhabitants have found a way to cross over, or that perhaps some phenomena are a natural byproduct of instances where the two universes overlap, resulting in "dimensional portals" and that sort of thing. It's interesting to ponder.

Last edited:
I think the parallel universe theory fits on the phenomen and can explain why ufosightings often come with other paranormal activities as well.
Sad though, it feels as if we are closer beeing able travel to the closest stars than going to the realms of dark matter..
When even a detector as the one in Black Hills, south dakota having trouble finding any evidence for the dark matter.

Usual Suspect,
When you talk about "dimensional portals" can we say that ufo-(paranormal)hotspots are one?
i´m going a little ot here..
many years ago my now late grandmother told me about many strange things that she saw as young.
One thing was when she was a little girl in the 1930 and going to school in the wintertimes. She saw a little being, in swedish vätte but in english maybe goblin is the right word.
It was walking round a tree i the snow then after a little while it just dissapeard.
In the the 1960 my mother saw a large red glowing flying disk at low altitude in the same area. And just before year 2000 my girlfriend att the time came home and told me that she had to break her car because a goblin was standing in the middle of the road, also at the same area.
Not far from this area in the wood on a little hill there are a "flyttblock" thats a large rock located on a small rock. its been there since the iceage.
Its said the they lay on powerlines aka "currylines" or even making them.
Is there any research on ufohotspots and their relation to powerlines on the globe? And are there any thing in the states or canada like these rocks Sonesgården - startsida

I think the parallel universe theory fits on the phenomen and can explain why ufosightings often come with other paranormal activities as well.
Sad though, it feels as if we are closer beeing able travel to the closest stars than going to the realms of dark matter..
When even a detector as the one in Black Hills, south dakota having trouble finding any evidence for the dark matter.

Usual Suspect,
When you talk about "dimensional portals" can we say that ufo-(paranormal)hotspots are one?
i´m going a little ot here..
many years ago my now late grandmother told me about many strange things that she saw as young.
One thing was when she was a little girl in the 1930 and going to school in the wintertimes. She saw a little being, in swedish vätte but in english maybe goblin is the right word.
It was walking round a tree i the snow then after a little while it just dissapeard.
In the the 1960 my mother saw a large red glowing flying disk at low altitude in the same area. And just before year 2000 my girlfriend att the time came home and told me that she had to break her car because a goblin was standing in the middle of the road, also at the same area.
Not far from this area in the wood on a little hill there are a "flyttblock" thats a large rock located on a small rock. its been there since the iceage.
Its said the they lay on powerlines aka "currylines" or even making them.
Is there any research on ufohotspots and their relation to powerlines on the globe? And are there any thing in the states or canada like these rocks Sonesgården - startsida

Thanks for that story :) It reminds me of the nisse men my Grandparents from Denmark talked about. People often assume that I'm an spaceship guy when it comes to UFOs. That's true to a certain degree. Although I do think that the interstellar hypothesis is most likely from a rational perspective, my favorite is the computational multiverse hypothesis, where multiple universes are run on some vastly powerful computational platform, enabling all manner of paranormal and unexplained phenomena.

There may be a clue to Ley lines in the Australian Aboriginal version of them

There are many different methods of pre-literate navigation that have been documented around the ancient world. The Aboriginal fusion of navigation and oral mythological storytelling is likely to have been a common method in the past and goes a long way to explaining the development of sacred landscapes.

Song-lines, also called Dreaming tracks, are paths across the land (or sometimes the sky) which mark the route followed by localised 'creator-beings' during the Dreaming. The paths of the Song-lines are recorded in traditional songs, stories, dance, and painting. By singing the songs in the appropriate sequence, Indigenous people could navigate vast distances, often travelling through the deserts of Australia's interior. The continent of Australia contains an extensive system of songlines, some of which are of a few kilometres, whilst others traverse hundreds of kilometres through lands of many different Indigenous peoples.

A knowledgeable person is able to navigate across the land by repeating the words of the song, which describe the location of landmarks, waterholes, and other natural phenomena. In some cases, the paths of the creator-beings are said to be evident from their marks, or petroglyphs, on the land, such as large depressions in the land which are said to be their footprints.

Since a Song-line can span the lands of several different language groups, different parts of the song are said to be in those different languages. Languages are not a barrier because the melodic contour of the song describes the nature of the land over which the song passes. The rhythm is what is crucial to understanding the song. Listening to the song of the land is the same as walking the Song-line and observing the land.

In some cases, a song-line has a particular direction, and walking the wrong way along a song-line may be a sacrilegious act (e.g. climbing up Uluru where the correct direction is down). Traditional Aboriginal people regard the land as sacred, and the songs must be continually sung to keep the land "alive".

Ley-lines

I wonder if dark matter causes an "observer effect," but in reverse. Any attempts to observe or detect it immediately makes it impossible to find.
Also sounds similar to the Heisenberg Principle. But what would be the purpose behind such architecture and how would it be moderated? Why give an independent universe the ability to affect others? These kinds of questions lead me to believe that dark matter isn't matter at all.

An elderly friend of mine was walking his dog here in Iowa a few years ago and heard a tinkling little laugh. He is positive it there wasn't anyone close enough by that it could have originated. He's a little hard of hearing so it had to be close enough for him to hear and his dog definitely heard it too. There were not any children nearby either. This is a guy who has no interest in the paranormal other than the fictional kind (Lovecraft, M.R. James and the like).

Thanks for that story :) It reminds me of the nisse men my Grandparents from Denmark talked about. People often assume that I'm an spaceship guy when it comes to UFOs. That's true to a certain degree. Although I do think that the interstellar hypothesis is most likely from a rational perspective, my favorite is the computational multiverse hypothesis, where multiple universes are run on some vastly powerful computational platform, enabling all manner of paranormal and unexplained phenomena.
So do you think the program that directs or causes paranormal effects? Or is it just buggy software? Can you elaborate a litte more?

Also sounds similar to the Heisenberg Principle. But what would be the purpose behind such architecture and how would it be moderated? Why give an independent universe the ability to affect others? These kinds of questions lead me to believe that dark matter isn't matter at all.

Does this circle back to your computational model. Are you thinking in lines of like an operating systems for the purpose of dark matter?

So do you think the program that directs or causes paranormal effects? Or is it just buggy software? Can you elaborate a little more? Does this circle back to your computational model. Are you thinking in lines of like an operating systems for the purpose of dark matter?
The computational model is what I tend to gravitate toward at this time. It facilitates the idea that Dark Matter is another force of nature as opposed to the gravitational influence of any sort of "normal" but unseen matter. It also facilitates genuine paranormal effects by way of accessing presently unknown commands. UFOs for example, could be from another universe, which would be analogous to another instance of the program that is running this one, where craft are essentially dragged and dropped between the two. This is the foundation for the sci-fi story I'm working on.

Im having trouble to see that it would be designed so that we shouldn´t perceive the an other universe if there are one. Maybe our affect theirs as well?
But your theory about a computational model is interesting, but not so funny.
Feels like it takes away the spiritual part?
If i understand what you mean correctly.

Could the big bang then be a manifest of a AI that started to grow/learn at an exponential rate?
And every living being is gathering information for the source..

Last edited:
Im having trouble to see that it would be designed so that we shouldn´t perceive the an other universe if there are one. Maybe our affect theirs as well?
Logically the effect should work both ways.
But your theory about a computational model is interesting, but not so funny.
The computational model has gained considerable academic acceptance as a possibility. Just Google something like "Are we living in a simulation?"
Feels like it takes away the spiritual part?
The subject of spirituality leaves a lot open to interpretation, but my reflections on it actually make some of the religious and supernatural beliefs about it possible, like maybe there is a grand designer, maybe resurrection is possible in a certain light.
If i understand what you mean correctly.
You are probably getting the basic idea, but if you've never considered it before, the consequences and subtleties aren't immediately obvious.
Could the big bang then be a manifest of a AI that started to grow/learn at an exponential rate? And every living being is gathering information for the source..
The Big Bang makes a lot of sense from a computational standpoint because from our perspective it could literally begin from nothing, like a program before it's clicked on to run. Once the program is set in motion however, a relatively simple set of parameters can be made to grow exponentially. Consider such things as fractals as an example. Humans are currently creating our own primitive computer simulations of the universe in order to study how the universe we live in works. Here's a short video that explains some of it from the Institute of Computational Cosmology:

Last edited:
The subject of spirituality leaves a lot open to interpretation, but my reflections on it actually make some of the religious and supernatural beliefs about it possible, like maybe there is a grand designer, maybe resurrection is possible in a certain light.

Absolutely. If we are living in a simulation, then who exactly is writing the code for the software?

Absolutely. If we are living in a simulation, then who exactly is writing the code for the software?
Right. Of course, even if there is some universe creator who created this particular universe, then what created this universe creator's universe? Oh the "real God" must have created that one. OK so then, so everyone who has been worshipping the God that created this universe has been wrong for the past couple of millennia? See how that works?

Back